www.flickr.com

Friday, October 27, 2006

It's Friday. I'm queasy. It's snowing. Where's the fun???

Kids home from school today (teachers have to go to school, they don't!!!) and I must go do something fun with them. My son is convinced that I'm the most unfun parent in the world.

Speaking of unfun apparently Blogger is the biggest funsucker of all.

Why, Blogger? Why? Why do you mock my attempt to express myself with pictures to go with my words? All I wanted was a cute photo of a kid on a four wheeler! Do you have something against four wheelers? We don't even let him take it out of 1st gear y'know. We're totally pansy and overprotective about it. Why must we be denied a show off of it?

Can I do my usual Johnny Depp picture which I know is expected of me now?

NO? Now I'm really grouchy. Why is the rum ALWAYS gone??

So I guess I couldn't push my luck and try to post one of Johnny and Orlando?

DENIED!!!

Dang it. They were both smiling too. Both of them!

Speaking of DENIED... I just took the kids to the music store to buy a new drum stool, or as drummers call it, drum throne. As soon as we walked in I heard some doofus over in the guitar department playing "Stairway To Heaven" and all I could think about was that scene in Wayne's World with the pre-CBS buyout Stratocaster and Wayne starts playing and the guy goes HEY and points to the sign. Remember the sign? NO STAIRWAY!

STAIRWAY DENIED!

I was giggling. My kids got it right away.

I mean really. You shouldn't walk into a music store and pick up a guitar, sit yourself down, and ceremoniously play Stairway. You just shouldn't. Especially if you close your eyes. And if you do all of that and hum then you should be banned from the store. Like, even Jimmy Page should think twice before pulling that stunt.

And that's all I got today. I'm off on more of my weekend adventures involving highways, diesel, and drive through doughnuts, to visit various friends and loved ones of the biped and four legged kind.

(Two more sordid truths coming up next week. So come back.)

(Edit: remember last week when I presented Kate Moss and her perplexing choice of boyfriend? Look at this. See? See? )

(...and I do have an opinion on that. Too much partying, not enough shitshovelling. Life is all about balance, kids. All about balance.)

8 comments:

dilling said...

Happy roadtrippping!!!!

Heidi the Hick said...

Isn't anybody going to wonder how we're gonna drive through those doughnuts????

Notsocranky Yankee said...

They must be big-ass doughnuts! Have a good weekend...

Heidi the Hick said...

They're big-ass-hat doughnuts! Bwa ha ha!

Balloon Pirate said...

I've often said that the reason I don't get a tattoo is that I've never found anything that I'd want on my body for the rest of my life.

Too much partying, not enough shitshoveling

I think I'll head over to the parlor now...

Yeharr

katy said...

mmmmm doughnuts and coffee mmmmmm

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with her indoors doughnuts, big ones with cream and jam in em!!! yum yum now I'm hungry.

Heidi the Hick said...

Ha! No doughnuts this weekend! We opted for the whole grain bagel option. However we did enjoy pizza with mom and dad followed by a Dairy Queen Ice cream cake. Happy birthday!!!

It was another weekend full of driving and visiting but I'd say as usual, too much driving, not enought visiting. This is life in my country: getting anywhere is at least a half hour in a car.

It's okay.