www.flickr.com

Monday, June 25, 2007

I can play along when asked nicely...

I might have even done this one before, but what the heck. Coffeypot tagged me and he cracks me up with his charming crankiness and cheeky honesty. So this one's for you, Coffeypot! You should also go read Biddie's answers because she made me laugh out loud!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, I'm the first one.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? At church yesterday. Happens all the time.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? One kind I do, but I have about four different kinds of handwriting. (One for each personality?) (ha ha) I like my nice letter-writing style but the note-taking style is brutal.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? um.....Sleeman's Pale Ale? No, Amsterdam Honey Brown. No, no, Rickard's Red. No wait, Grolsch. Yeah that's it.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yup, I've been blessed with a Girl and a Boy.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I totally would. I'd go riding with me, and it would work so well because I have two six year old horses that need a lot of hours under saddle. Me and I would trade horses too for fun. And then Me and I would watch Johnny Depp movies and discuss the finer nuances of his performance, like when he was Willy Wonka he turned around and yelled, "MUMBLER!" and also how he wet himself and cried when he was John Wilmot. Then me and I would put that Alexisonfire CD on and scream along. Then we'd laugh!!! I'd let me read my latest piece of writing and I wouldn't even be hurt if I criticized it, because really, I'm the most trusted critic right? Then when Jethro comes home I'd kick my ass out because there are some things I do not share.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Actually, I don't much. Seriously. Honestly. But most people are sarcastic and think I'm being sarcastic when I say that.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I think so...

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I'm more worried about standing on a height without the bungee cord. I avoid heights because I'm convinced that I'll give in to that screaming voice that says, JUMP! DO IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!!!!

10. YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Shreddies with lots of brown sugar. And then I'm hungry again at 11am. I eat like a hobbit. Second breakfast.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes! Of course! They won't fit right if I don't and I hate ill fitting shoes.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yeah man, but smell ain't everything.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? Guinness. Or Smithwicks. Heck, Kilkenny too, sure.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Eyes! And butts. Sorry, I'm shallow that way.

15. RED OR PINK? I think I've mentioned before that I don't think this is a choice we should have to make. I think BOTH. Red and pink! Together! Hot colours unite!

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOU? My complete irrationality, my grocery shopping/ phone use/ highway driving phobias, and the cellulite on my butt. Sorry, was I supposed to choose just one?

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Champ. And I find myself missing my grandparents, even almost ten years after they're gone.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Really I think you should all be reading or gardening or taking horseback riding lessons but okay.

19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Hey listen, I"m not that kind of girl okay, there are special phone numbers for that kind of thing...

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? a slice of yellow pepper

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The pug snoring, dinner sizzling, kids talking. Also construction on the street adjacent to mine, neighbours yelling across their yard, and traffic. I need to move the hell outta town.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? I would be ALL OF THEM! Gahhhhhh!!!!!

23. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Hay, my kids, my husband's hair, the pug, the horses, bondo, peonies, garlic in olive oil, steak on the BBQ, mint tea.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The love of my life. No Johnny Depp did not call me. I mean Jethro!

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yep!

26. What is your favorite TV show? Canadian Idol. I am a sucker for torture!

27. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Rodeo!

28. HAIR COLOUR? Brown, and little bits of red and copper, which is all that's left now of my fuschia hair! Try as I might I can't get it to grow in pink...

29. EYE COLOUR? Hazel!

30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope. But if I did they'd be purple.

31. FAVOURITE FOOD? Anything I didn't have to cook or wash up after!

32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? How about slightly creepy-scary with a happy ending?

33. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

34. ARE YOU SUPERSTITIOUS? Ha! I live with a black cat. And in the barn there's another black cat. Also I have a couple pairs of old horseshoes hanging off a nail- open side down. No. I'm not superstitious.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? That really depends on where it's coming from.

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? My mom's apple pie. Or cheesecake. If my mom makes it, I'll take seconds.

38. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I don’t know.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Lurkers.

40. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Also a self help book called- are ya ready for this?- Feeling Good! by David D Burns MD. With my kids we're reading The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke.

41. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? What's a mouse pad? I hates the rodents.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? The Simpsons!

43. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SOUND? A well tuned, high compression V8 with dual exhaust. Amp hum. Horse snorts. Pug snuffles. My kids singing (I have to listen covertly!) My husband singing (doesn't happen often enough) A well tuned Gibson les Paul. Three part harmony. A beer bottle cap coming off. My keyboard tapping away because words are forming easily.

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatlesorstones? Beatlesorstones????? Beatles. With a few exceptions, because the Stones have done some cool tunes, but the Beatles are incredible.

45. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? England!

46. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I am afraid to name it because I still don't believe it. I'm not a naturally talented rider- I have to work at it. I hope some day to be able to say, confidently, that I am a talented writer. I'm almost ready.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? In a hospital in a small city in the 519 area code in Ontario!

48. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GET BACK? Anybody who has a burning need to get this off their chests!

49. ARE YOU MARRIED? Yes I very much am, and as of next weekend it'll be SIXTEEN YEARS!

50. IF MARRIED...AND YOU WERE WIDOWED WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER REMARRIAGE? Not a friggen chance. After my man there is no other option. He's ruined me for life. Nobody else could ever measure up. Or make me laugh as hard. Yep, he's ruined me and I'm okay with that.



any questions?

13 comments:

Biddie said...

Perfect. :)

dilling said...

very nice

CindyDianne said...

You say "I can play along when asked nicely..." like we should be surprised!

LadyBronco said...

*Thumbs up*

I don't think I would ever hook up with anyone else if I were to be a widow, either. Training one was enough of a pain in the ass - no way would I do that again.

captain corky said...

Great answers.

I think I would hang out with me too. Although, we would probably have to buy more alcohol, but besides that it would be great

katy said...

you been england i must have missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Fun to know more about you!

Balloon Pirate said...

Thanks for letting us paddle through the shallow end of your mind.

yeharr

chocolatechic said...

Many times during the week I turn to my children when they are trying to communicate to them and say "Mumbler!"

Heidi the Hick said...

MUMBLER!!!!

Welcome, new folks!

Thanks for reading, my adored regulars!

...the shallow end of my mind...snicker snicker...I'm a skeert to let you into the deep end...

Coffeypot said...

Thanks for the props.

#19 - You forgot to leave the phone number.
#22 - That would make you black.
#49 - Congrats.

Later! Oh yeah! The pone number is????

Heidi the Hick said...

I'm such a Nice Girl I don't even know what them phone numbers are...

Coffeypot said...

Damn!