www.flickr.com

Friday, June 22, 2007

Tired.

Fake people really take a lot out of me. I got two copies printed for my test readers and then realized I left out a few things. Went in the next day to fix it, found more mistakes. Fixed them. Fixed other stuff. Figured a few scenes would be better with a few less words. Fixed up the fix up. Then I went all Bruckheimer and blew everything up. Explosions everywhere. No I didn't. I didn't blow anything up or set anything on fire. In this novel at least. Stayed up too late, reading an engrossing novel about the search for Vlad the Impaler. Got up to let the dog out at 5 am and didn't always get to sleep again til 7. I think I'm taking my kids to a little concert tonight. My pets are curled up on the couch beside me and they are hypnotizing me with their breathing. I need a nap. Real bad. Oh screw it. It's Friday. Look at some pictures and then I'm gonna snooze before the younguns come home.

Look at that horse's face. He looks like he's having evil thoughts about that little mare's backside! I know. Shocking.



Oh he ain't evil.



See? Here he is with my kid:



This guy ain't evil either, although....
He has the exact same hairline as Jethro. It's uncanny. Okay. Seeeeeeeya
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

20 comments:

~Pees With A Fist Sitting Down said...

Damn I'd like to tie Johnny up with that extraneous tie he's got around his neck.

Did I just type that outloud? LOL

Enjoy the weekend, H!

Heidi the Hick said...

Yup, you typed that out loud!

Therese Fowler said...

You are soooo crazy funny!

Wonder why Johnny likes to see the world in blue?

My week has been crazy good, but crazy still...pretty soon your fake people will be giving you this kind of trouble, you wait and see!

Heidi the Hick said...

I kinda hope my fake people start giving me that kind of trouble. That's my goal anyways!

Seeing the world in blue...I have an auntie who is so sweet, she doesn't need rose coloured glasses, because she has rose coloured eyes...

Just got back from the little concert. It was great! My kids rock!!

Crazy funny? Sometimes both. G'nite.

terry said...

just catching up on the last several posts... and i just have to say that not only are you a gifted writer, you are a fabulous photographer. gorgeous shots!

LadyBronco said...

*sigh*

Is it me, or does Johnny-boy just get hotter and hotter every time I look at him?

*sigh*

Chris Morris said...

I know where Vlad The Impaler is.

It's the lady that "prepped" me for my vaesectomy.

katy said...

hope you managed to catch up on some sleep!
beefcake - LOL

Doughnut said...

Hope you get some sleep too Heidi. Nothing makes me see the world differently than sleep deprivation...well you can just make that deprivation in general.

Heidi the Hick said...

Terry, awww thank you! I have to be honest though-- my lovely preteen daughter takes some of the photos around here. I predict greatness for her!

Lady B- yes. He is aging better than anybody on the planet.

Beefcake- Dude, from what I hear, they keep the iodine bucket in the fridge. yeeeessshshhh.

Indoors- I got a whopping twenty minutes of shut eye. Then I went to bed after the concert at midnight, woke up at 3, woke up at 5, woke up at 6, kicked everybody out at 7 and stayed in bed til 10. Feel like I got dragged by a donkey!

LeRoy...Yeah. Just yeah.

Biddie said...

I first read this post when I was half asleep...I was all like 'fake people, yeah' thinking of Mommy Dearest and Posh.
You mean REAL FAKE people.
Sheesh.
Have a good weekend. :)

Meow Meow said...

Johnny is a HOTTIE!!!!

Doughnut said...

I use to always get deprived and depraved mixed up although in this blog I suppose it doesn't matter too much, right? :)

Heidi the Hick said...

depraved! deprived! REal fake people! hhahahahaha

It's sunday night and as you can see I still didn't get much sleep this weekend...

please feel free to tawk amongst yerselves as I take care of some stuff tomorrow. See ya on Tuesday with some brilliance and wit and whatever else I come up with.

Green Wellies said...

Vlad is bedtime reading? I read a book about him once and had nightmares for weeks...he was one nasty so and so.
And...you bring out the best in Johnny.
Barb

captain corky said...

Hope you got some rest this weekend. :)

Heidi the Hick said...

Barb- the book is called The Historian and it's about a trip through Europe to find information...it's a long story but a very very good one!

I'm going to think of that line all day- "You bring out the best in Johnny!"

Corky- Rest? NOT NEARLY ENOUGH! But I did get to spend some time with my horses, my parents and sister, and some really cool people I go to church with who are on the lookout for a nice farm somewhere next to theirs for us...

Timmy said...

I love seeing Johnny! Hope you had a nice nap!

Biddie said...

Did I tell you that your blog is rated PG, too? So much for Disney... :)

Heidi the Hick said...

Is it because I said you can only say SHIT if you're STANDING IN IT???