www.flickr.com

Friday, December 01, 2006

Cheer Up

It's going to be a wet cold nasty kind of weekend, I'm broke, and I'm tired. I need a good cheering up. Let's talk about happy things!

1-GOOD TIMES, MAN. GOOD TIMES.

2-I have been hearing mumblings of a very exciting upcoming movie project. It involves Tim Burton (who I love) Johnny Depp (duh, you know how I feel about him) and Helena Bonham Carter as well as Sacha Baron "I em comeeng to get you Wrrrricky Booby" Cohen. Can you imagine that movie set? With two "method actors" who insist on staying in character all day? I think I'm going to spend a day in character next week.



How lovely are Tim and Helena? I adore them. They're like Johnny and Vanessa from the dark side. Or...wait, are Johnny and Vanessa already from the dark side? You know, I have a picture of Jethro and I and we look almost exactly like this. Except we were running because we were trying to get away from the security guards who were chasing us off the red carpet. And we were wearing winter coats because you have to at a Canadian awards show held in April. And Jethro would not ever wear shades like that. And also I don't fill out a dress like our girl Helena does. But other than that.

3-This morning we went to two parent- teacher interviews. Our children are so odd. I think that is all I got to say about that.

NO wait, I got more. "Mrs Gump, this is average..."

Jethro is a big fella. He has long dark hair with a few unruly streaks of grey. He wears a Harley Davidson belt buckle with the word LEGENDARY on it. He does not own a Hawg but he is Legendary. He's not going to these interviews in the usual Daddy uniform here in the town of Affluencia, which generally consists of a tie and shoes that don't.

I love my family.

4-If you want to read something GOOD today....I need to send you HERE, to Biddie's blog. Be sure to tell her how brilliant she is when you're done!

5-My backyard is underwater, and thanks to the Traumatic Construction Project of 2005... my house is not underwater! YAY!

6-Last week I was back on a Led Zeppelin phase. I pig out on Zeppelin every couple of months. Jethro was home the other night, and we were in the kitchen...he is a fine cook...while listening to Physical Graffiti. Robert Plant launched into a moan that stopped me dead in my tracks. "THAT," I said to Jethro, "is what completely rewired my head when I was 15." Jethro grinned lecherously. "And I will always be grateful to Robert Plant for that."

7-I'm just now sliding back into a Red Hot Chili Peppers phase. Come back next week and I'll tell you all about bloodsugarsexmagik.

8-And on that happy note....since yesterday was all about plaid flannel and nice bums...I think women should have big bums and men should have tiny bums. And I want those jeans. I got nothing more to say about this.

19 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

fun post. i love tim and helena too. it is that their dark side is a bit oddball nutter like and johnny and and vanessa are smooth cool darkside...

CindyDianne said...

It's been cold and nasty here and now we are on our way back up. The sun is out, the ice is melting and it is once again almost safe to drive with the village idiots!

Kickin tractor Heidi!

I think I have a crush on Jethro. Hell, I KNOW I have a girl crush on you! lol

Oh, and yes, I have a girl crush on Angelina too. However, I've never been able to look at her the same since my best good friend said that her lips remind her of labia. 'nuff said.

Heidi the Hick said...

Cara, wow that's it! Oddball darkside, smooth cool darkside! Good observation!

Cindy- here are my reactions as I read your comment:

You got sun? Whatzit like?

Thanks!

Awww! OOO! I'm so flattered! tee hee! Honest I feel super real special now!!

Angelina- pffffff bwa ha ha ha ha!

Anita said...

I love reading your blog.
Always has such great pictures... :-)
You even cheered me up today.

Heidi the Hick said...

Amethyst---thank you! Thank you thank you!

JJ next Tuesday is RHCP day!!!! Man, I love Stevie Ray. I can't say I'm an expert as far as his music's concerned but he sure was special.

The new Tim Burton movie is Sweeney Todd. I think Johnny plays the murderous barber. Kinda like Edward only not so lovey.

Heidi the Hick said...

Look at the last picture. A lady with spiky hot pink fingernails is offering a bottle of wine.

Ok just so you know, it wasn't me, okay? Because I do not do long claw-like nails. And also I would never stoop so low as to suck up to a favourite famous person by giving treats.

I mean, I'd at least get a magnum. He deserves that much.

Biddie said...

KK and I watched Tim Burton on some late night talk show. He was actually very funny, and he lost some of his creep factor. I do like his movies.

dilling said...

nanaimo is a real mess right now...glad I got a couple of good beach walks in while in sechelt.

Crafty Missus said...

wow. those are some frightening nails. ick.
i wonder if he took the wine....

Anonymous said...

oh yes another Johnny Dep Fan. I love him.

I am broke and my kids are weird also.

katy said...

i am broke too but frankly in the words of four dinners D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F!!!!!
great post even for some one who is down, chin up!

DINK said...

HEY CHIC I LOVE YA AND WOULD COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND PLAY GAMES WITH YOU AND BRUSH YOUR HAIR AND RUB YOUR BACK WHEN YOU WERE TIRED...OH AND I WOULD HELP WITH ALL THE CHORES. NOW IF`IN THAT DON`T CHEER YOU UP I DUNNO WHAT WILL!

Notsocranky Yankee said...

All good stuff Heidi! Have a great weekend! We finally have snow in our forecast and we are excited about it. Maybe it will begin to feel like Christmas.

I'm heading over to Biddie's now. I'm sure it will be great. Oh yah, and then I'm off to Madrid for the weekend! Bye

Dead man walking said...

Hmm. I am going through my rhcp phase now and last week was snow patrol. Have a good weekend!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I can't wait for RHCP!!! Some day you will go to a RHCP concert. And someday if you go with me....(takes a second to think about what she wants because you know the way this goes...) will get to go on stage and meet the band. And possibly touch the Kiedis, but only if we're up to date on all our shots.

Heidi the Hick said...

Yeah, up to date on all our shots and wrapped in plastic!

We do seem to be a good luck charm for each other when it comes to truly great concert experiences!

ldbug said...

I hadn't heard about a film with those guys in it! Sounds like it'll be fun trouble all around;-)

Distant Timbers Echo said...

There just about ain' nothing like the visual of a good lookin' girl on the back of a John Deere, by golly.

I didn't even make it to the other pictures, I just kept starin' at that one.

:)

Reid Farmer said...

I hate to admit this, Heidi, but I actually saw Led Zeppelin in concert in Memphis.........in 1970. Loudest ever and people kept screaming "Turn it up!"

My ears rang for two days.

I had a chance to see Jimi Hendrix the next month and passed on it. Dummy me