www.flickr.com

Friday, August 18, 2006

Love These Screams Like I Do

Today I'm going to load you up to keep you busy for a few days because I'm taking a break.

Biddie, my bestest, suggested writing something funny. She's right, but I'm all outta funny! All the funny I can find is from a little Emo band called Fall Out Boy. (Their scrawny tattooed bass player was featured at the end of yesterday's post.) Here's a song title from the next album: "I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off." That's funny. I never would have come up with that on my own.

I myself have no funny. So instead, here are some classic Hick Chic pictures of me, because it's my blog dammit:Look, I have a tan.This one's from today.AND THAT'S ALL YOU GET.

Here's my venerable cat ignoring the young whippersnapper dog.
My dog turns ONE on sunday. Who's a big dog? Is it you? IS IT YOU? Is it just me or does he look drunk? (Do I look drunk?)

Speaking of drunk....I'm not. I'd like to be but I have a riding lesson tonight.

Speaking of riding...I had a great lesson on Wednesday. I may not have mentioned this, or have, but forgot: I'm taking lessons which will lead to achieving my Ontario Equestrian Federation Rider Levels and then my Instructor's Certificate. I damn near lost the will after Champ died. I knew I'd keep going without him. I knew he wouldn't last forever, and that eventually I'd have to buy another solid lesson horse. But I did not want to let him go yet!

Anyways the lesson was great because my body is getting stronger now and things were really clicking. My coach is awesome. The mare I'm leasing for the lessons is incredible. Gorgeous and well trained. She's chestnut, although not as red as Champ was...I am NOT buying another chestnut horse. Too close.

All week, with the exceptions of riding and going to see a ridiculously funny movie, I have been feeling TRAPPED.
How he looks is how I feel.

Hang on, more Johnny. Yes I need to have myself some more Johnny.
Thank you Johnny. If I had a bass I'd play it down at my knees, Duff McKagan style, not up under my chin like That Guy From Level 42. I think I just decided how I'm going to spend the next couple of hours while my children are off playing with the friends. It's Fender-knockoff-almost-stays-in-tune time.



You've all been so good to me. I appreciate all the kindness you sent me and encouragement and lots of laughs too. I never ever predicted being so moved by people I haven't actually met. (Except for you two freaks who I got hooked on this. You know who you are.) Thank you. It means a lot to me.


As long as you clean up after yourselves, feel free to party in my comments section!

25 comments:

dilling said...

Enjoy your time off!!!! I am taking the weekend off, too. Want to hang with the grew tonight around the bbq, drink some beers...tomorrow my friends band plays and we we'll dance, like waves in the ocean...just like the Hooters said to do, oh so many years ago. Have a good one.

dilling said...

Hang with the grew? I meant the crew...why am I always rushing like that?

CindyDianne said...

I am off too! Just reading and playing in other's blogs since Wednesday when My Honey posted for me. I'll probably post again...Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Have fun!

Marni said...

What a cute little pugger! I'm partial to 'em as you know...

Have a wonderful weekend. Love the pictures and I LOVE the way you express yourself. Looking forward to many more.

Anonymous said...

So glad I came today. Nice pics.

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Have a great weekend! I've been struggling to keep up with the blogs -- reading and not always commenting is all I've had time for lately.

My daughter listens to Fallout Boy too. I like the title of this song: "champagne for my real friends real pain for my sham friends" They're so witty.

Love the pix! I'm glad your taking the riding lessons. You need to be teaching people to ride!

Take care --

Heidi the Hick said...

Dilling you'll be hanging with the grew after a few beers and dancing. ha ha! Have fun!

CindyDi- I like your KB. Catch up with you soon!

Marni- thanks, my pug likes himself pretty good too! There will be many more mug shots of him coming up...

Bug's Butt- well I'm happy for you too. Thanks!

notso yank- I am really starting to like the Fall Out Boy. I don't know honestly how far I can take this riding instructor thing, but I need to go through with it. I need horses in my life. I need an excuse to have them near me!

One free lesson for each blog buddy! YAY!!!!!!!!

Biddie said...

I love the Pug. You know I do. we all do. It's because of The Pug that we got Ruby Tuesday Soho.
Glad that you decided to blog after all.
Can't wait to see you, the family and the Pug.

Balloon Pirate said...

WOOO! Party Hearty! Raise Hell! Get off like a Big Dog!

Some Dork Ska for you to mosh:

She has a girlfriend now
She has a girlfriend now
She has a girlfriend now, she said
Guys don't do no more for me

You never loved me, like I wanted you to
(You never loved me noooo)
I said I loved you baby, what do you want me to do?
(Do you want me to do?)
She said she found someone who's gonna hold her hand
She said she found someone who's gonna understand
She don't need nobody to be her man
She don't need nobody to be her man

She has a girlfriend now
She has a girlfriend now
She has a girlfriend now, she said
Guys don't do no more for me

She said she found someone who's gonna hold her hand
She said she found someone who's gonna understand
She don't need nobody to be her man
She don't need nobody to be her man

She has a girlfriend now
She has a girlfriend now
She has a girlfriend now, she said
Guys don't do no more for me

I never thought it would end like this
Just because I've got no tits
I'll shave my legs, I'll wear a bra
I'll even cut my penis off for you...
(Aw, that's so sweet)
She has a girlfriend now.
She has a girlfriend now.
She has a girlfriend now.
She has a girlfriend now.
She has a girlfriend now.
She has a girlfriend now.
She has a girlfriend now.
(Woah, Yeah!)


Whew. I need a drink.

Yeharr

Jake Allsop said...

Heidi, it's a joy, bewildering but a joy, to join your parallel universe from time to time.
Just keep writing, ok?
Hugz
Jake

Timmy said...

Johnny! Oh, Johnny!

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie - WHOSHE A BIGGG DOG NOW?????

Pirate- that was fun! I gotta take a break. (Who the heck were those ska dorks? I was too busy hanging with the metal dorks.) See ya back on the dance floor!

Jake- I can be joyful and bewildering at the same time.

Tim! Oh Tim!!!

Hey, wanna dance?

Ok that's it. Back to the party.

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie - WHOSHE A BIGGG DOG NOW?????

Pirate- that was fun! I gotta take a break. (Who the heck were those ska dorks? I was too busy hanging with the metal dorks.) See ya back on the dance floor!

Jake- I can be joyful and bewildering at the same time.

Tim! Oh Tim!!!

Hey, wanna dance?

Ok that's it. Back to the party.

Heidi the Hick said...

ha ha ha Fracking blogger. Those guys must all be drunk.

hahaha. fracking blogger. Those guys must all be drunk.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Goddess, you've got the prettiest eyes! And that's all I pretty much gotta say on that.

:)

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Totally off the subject, but what is with you Canadians in the left lane on the highway? We just drove back from a weekend in Rhode Island and there were quite a few Ontario and Quebec cars hanging in the left lane, going SLOW! Arghhh!

Heidi the Hick said...

redneck- gosh, darnit, thanks!

Yankee- I do not know what that's all about either! I just want you to know that I do not drive slow in the fast lane. I used to drive on the 401 a lot and dammit if you're not doing 120 Km get the hell outta my way!

Except that I don't drive on the highway anymore!

Just blink your lights at 'em. Sometimes it works.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

YOU are so beautiful! I love that you have pink hair, and I hope you write some more soon! You are just awesome, and I can't tell you how glad I am that I started reading here - you just rock!

Notsocranky Yankee said...

I know YOU wouldn't drive slowly in the left lane!

I was just yanking your chain. I keep looking for somebody with pink hair in those Ontario cars but I guess you wouldn't be down in NH without telling me, right?

dilling said...

happy belated, by the way, young whippersnapper dog!

Heidi the Hick said...

Beck- Oh my gosh, what a compliment...!

(Do you know I actually went back and looked at the pictures again because I wasn't sure you were talking about me.)

Yankee yank yank- for sure I'd tell you if I took on the Eastern Seaboard tour!!! (I'm thinking of dying my hair black next. In keeping with my Sour Crappy Emo Mood this summer.)

Dilling- thank you! The young obnoxious dog had a lovely birthday and even got a chance to dip his paws in a beautiful cold lake in the Canadian Shield. I'll show you photos in a few days when I get back at it.

John Q. Public esq. said...

now that was fun...
but I will be nice.

all my best dear...

JQP

Jake Allsop said...

Anybody know what has happened to Fretmarks?

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh I know what happened to Fretmarks. Pardon me if I'm slow today. Dial up.

She tried to do a fancy thing to her blog which I didn't quite understand but assured me that it'll get fixed. In the meantime she's dragging herself off to work while jetlagged so we'll have to wait a little bit until the travelogue is up and running!

As for me, I am really enjoying my break but as you can see I just can't stay away too long!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Partying here in your comments!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!! Pass the tequila please! It's Fridayyyyyyyy!!!