I've been totally scatterbrained this week. No short term memory. I planned to write about such weighty issues as urban sprawl, skunks, barns, lawn poison, and shirtless boys fixing cars when I was a teenager. I'd have been very funny & witty of course but I couldn't concentrate long enough. My naturopath gave me a remedy that calmed my anxiety and lessened the depression...I just can't remember why I'm in this room. Or where my kids are. So....
HERE ARE SOME FUN THINGS AS WE KICK OFF THE FIRST OF OUR PRECIOUS CANADIAN LONG WEEKENDS because Queen Victoria had a birthday on May 24 so in this country we call it MAY 2-4 as in a 2-4 of beer, geddit, and we Canucks will do anything to celebrate a long weekend. Remember SUMMER STARTS AT 5PM TODAY!!!!!
1) I dig my plaid jacket but maybe it'll be warm enough to go riding in a t shirt!
2) I love my pets. The dog is growing up nicely. At this moment my cat is at the vet's so that he can pee and they can test it to make sure he's okay. He's drinking a huge amount of water. He's 16 years old, we got him six weeks after we got married and I love him so much. He's my best buddy in the world. He's in great shape and I am praying that he's okay.
3) Most of my blog-buddies are : A) from Indiana, B) falconers, C) Horse freaks D)Redheads, E) Rednecks, F) a robot, G) combinations thereof. And I have a couple of gay guy blog buddies too. I love everybody. I think most of us can agree on one thing: men in cowboy hats, that's good.
4) I had a nasty case of writer's block. I could blog but I couldn't novel. Well guess what-I'm back! I have brought the misbehaving teenager who got suspended back to school, her best friend isn't a virgin anymore, her boyfriend is still a jerk and finally the words are spilling out of my fingertips again. Oh. Sweet relief. Often it drives me crazy, the way they talk to each other in my head, but I sure missed them when they were silent.
5) Hoegaarden, Amsterdam, Stella Artois, Grolsch, I'm in a German Beer Snob kind of mood. (None of those are actually german beers but I like using the whole "German_____snob" thing.)
6) One more look at my beautiful friends:
7) This weeks beloved Rock Stars: Red Hot Chili Peppers. Pigging out on Peppers, I am. I'll be putting up my review soon. Look at them! Damn they look good! And they sound as good as they look! Yay!
The Raconteurs. I like this photo; they look like they got lost in Middle Earth.
Rage Against the Machine. I bought Renegades yesterday. Finally.
Chris Cornell. My son is planning to play "Cochise" at the recital on drums. Jethro might accompany him on guitar. None of us are brave enough to do Cornell's vocals. He's bitchin.
In case you're wondering, THIS is how to hold a guitar.
Hello Heidi. I'm Mr Kiedis, I'll be your teacher today. I'll have no goofing off, because this is all very serious. And when we're done being serious, we're gonna party freaky styley. (But Mr Kiedis, I don't know what that means!) And that's why I'm here to teach you. Now pay attention...
8) And finally, Johnny, my darling, since Jethro won't let me post a pic of his beautiful green eyes, you'll have to do. I love your rare and precious smile!
Have a fun filled weekend, stay alive, see you on Tuesday!