www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jethro, ya big hunk.

I resisted writing some cheesy love stuff today. I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day. I kind of like it. I think any chance to celebrate love is a good thing. However, I think it's a bad excuse to celebrate only on this occasion, then ignore your lover the rest of the year. On top of that, there are women in this world who use this day to squeeze every last drop of guilt and fear out of their men in the form of gifts.

Instead I want to tell you how it should be.

I didn't get any gifts for Valentine's day, at least not anything that costs money. My husband, the guy who as of last Saturday I have known for 19 years, gave me a lovely gift today. He gave me a few unhurried hours of his devoted attention this morning. And he was awake for much of it!

I spent the last year medicated. It took away my appetite, my libido, and sometimes, my will to continue breathing. All this to keep me from killing myself. The drugs are slowly leaving my body. I spent all of 2005 feeling like an amoeba: blobby and asexual.

I'm feeling much better now!

He had to go to work tonight.
Thanks for Valentine's Day, Big Guy. Love you.

1 comment:

Smartypants said...

Hang in there, chickie-poo.

= )