THINGS I WILL BE DOING FOR THE FIRST TIME ON CHRISTMAS DAY:
- turning 45. I've never been 45 years old before. Should be interesting.
- waking up in my own house on Christmas morning. We always spent it at the farm. Except that one time we went to Florida. That was weird!
- spending Christmas Eve after church at the farm with the folks… and then going home. To our own house. Where we will wake up the next morning.
- having the extended family over for a meal on Christmas Day.
- getting in a car to go to the barn to do chores.
- being in town.
-walking our dog down to the river. Which is not frozen over yet. Because we are having a wet green Christmas. Which is not a first. It's disorienting and convenient and non-scenic but we've done this before. Just not this close to a river within walking distance.
If you're looking for a blog party, it'll happen between the 26th and the 30th. Keep checking ok? I must go clean my actual real house. Hey, we even set up our pathetic little Christmas tree in our upstairs TV room. And there's a tiny one on top of a speaker in the control room. And cards all over the top of the upright piano. THIS IS ALL REAL. Hey we even put up…. ready for this…. Christmas lights. First time ever. LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE. Our Smallburg neighbours will keep thinking we're normal. Shhhhhh. We're keeping it quiet as long as possible.
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you find some heavenly peace.