www.flickr.com

Friday, October 15, 2010

Huge Massive Happy Announcement! THE TRUCK IS BACK!!!!

SHE'S BAAAACK!  SHE'S BAAAAAAAAACK!


I HAVE MY TRUCK AGAIN!


All fixed up and legal and back on the road, ready for another 5 years or 20 or however many I coax out of her!




We just go buy a slightly used door, and let the local body shop take care of the rest.  And we're back in business.





I know, it's not perfect.  That's next year's job.  For now, I'm just happy to have my wheels back, happy to have Grandma have her car all to herself again, and happy for the ability to continue hauling things that are only convenient with a pickup truck.

Best of all, this little piece of bodywork cost less than a quarter of the downpayment on a new(ish) truck.

I love this truck.  It's as bitchy to park as ever and still has a nasty shake at about 90 kph (that really needs to get looked at eh?) but I can fit my whole family in the cab, including the Pug, which is why bench seats are the best, and I can still fit a load of hay in the box, and I am one happy little Mother Trucker!





(Also since I'm happy and it's Friday, here's Johnny.)

4 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

So happy for you! Sometimes the old but familiar is much better than the new and shiny. I like! :)

Paul Tee said...

Johnie5, it's alive...

Joy, joy, joy

Paul Tee said...

You love horses, right?

Then you might get a kick out of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVMY-VX7NyA

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

The bright side is... its on the passenger side so you don't even have to look at it majority of the time! Just found your blog...very interesting. Iplan to follow. And I agree Johnny Depp is hot as hell.