www.flickr.com

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve...

I think about this.

I wonder about a very young woman, away from home, married to a guy she really doesn't know very well.  She's pregnant.  It's coming soon.  Like real soon, here in an unfamiliar city full of other people from somewhere else.  She's in labour and there's nowhere to go.  She probably didn't anticipate giving birth in a dirty, dark place.  She's lucky though; the baby is fine.  When all of this is over, and they're all back home again, maybe things will go back to normal.

But that can't happen.  Nothing will ever be normal again.  

That baby, born in squalid surroundings, changed the world.  Changed history. 

Expect the unexpected...

I wish you happiness and contentment this Christmas, wherever you are and whoever you're with, and any way you wish to celebrate.  I wish you a few good laughs and some good food.  

Most of all I wish you peace.  

10 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

So beautifully said.

And how blessed you get to share the birthday.

Happy Birthday, and a very merry Christmas!

Astaryth said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! I hope it is filled with family, food and Joy!

Anonymous said...

I love this thought. I just enjoyed the most wonderful church services of the season...some of the songs about Mary make me cry...I know, I know...weird...but that's how I feel. It all so amazes me and brings me such joy.
Thank you and a very Merry Christmas!

Coffeypot said...

Well, don't keep in in suspense...who was it? Johnny?? Michael Spinks?? Who?

Oh, and I hope you and yours had a great Christmas, too.

JKB said...

I hope you all had a lovely holiday. :)

Kerri said...

That was beautifully written. I hope you had a great birthday and Christmas!

mugwump said...

Lovely thought to take with me on my walk today.

A Paperback Writer said...

Dang, I missed the blogparty.
well, have a nice weekful of holidays anyway!

Holly Kennedy said...

Happy holidays, girl.
Love LOVE the photo of your horse!

Brit said...

Beautifully written!