It's also a Pick-Your-Favourite Friday. (Note: copious amounts of Johnny Depp pictures coming up...)
1) Tomorrow at this time I'll be driving to the head office of the Ontario Equestrian Federation to attend a First Aid course. It's horse industry related and a requirement for all certified riding instructors. Aren't you all glad that the person teaching you or your kid how to ride knows what to do in an emergency? Personally, I'd prefer to never have to use that knowledge. I'd love it if nobody ever got hurt. But that's a pretty stupid way to run a business, eh? " Geez, I hope nothin bad happens!!!" Nuh uh, I'm gonna be ready for anything, totally, for sure!
2) I'm tired today because even though I was in bed at 10:30 last night, I foolishly took my workbook to bed with me, and ended up writing a whole new query for my book. It's a completely different angle. No more pussy-footin around here. I read it to Jethro over the phone before he left work. He said it was SCARY. A year ago, I would have totally backed off and unscarified it but you know what? Life is scary dude. Always has been. And my book has just that little bit of scary too, in its own way.
3) The Oscars are on Sunday night! Oh boy, 4+ hours of grandness and uncomfortable beautiful clothes, and some ugly ones if we're lucky, and oh the speeches and the tears, the tributes, the montages because every story's told better with a montage, not to mention the tense possibility of a monumentally embarrassing moment... oh joy. It's the pinnacle of Awards Show Season... other than the Juno awards... and speaking of which...
4) I have decided what I'm wearing to the Juno awards and I don't think I'll need to buy any new clothes. I really should spend some money on my hair this year though. (And I mean it when I say this year- it's been 11 months since my last haircut, cuz dude, I am low maintenance.)
5) And the big importance of Oscar this year: Johnny Depp is up for Best Actor.
This opens all kinds of burning questions, SUCH AS
-will he show up? He's usually gentlemanly enough to show up although he looks like he's burning alive with discomfort, like he'd rather be anywhere but there, but at least he got to dress up and that's fun, so it's slightly bearable.
-will he show up wearing something completely different from everyone else? (duh.)
-glasses? mustache? Haircut as a result of a whole bottle of wine and then a suggestion that maybe Vanessa should give him a haircut before the big show? not that there's anything wrong with that? combination of all those?
-will Vanessa be dressed like a flapper/ angel/ hippy? I hope so!
Will she clasp his left hand and speak to him only with her eyes??? Aren't they lovely? I mean, that is a lot of cheekbones in one family.
-If he wins, will he carry a little list of thank-yous written on a piece of the cardboard that was stuffed in the collar of the shirt he just bought earlier that day?
Needless to say, I will be tired again on Monday morning. Monday's post might be brought to you by Tuesday. But until then, please discuss your favourite topic:
!) riding instructors with first aid knowledge- it's good
@) who needs sleep when you just wrote a scary query letter about Jesus and Death and Farmers and Guns N Roses
#) Oscar is boring/ fascinating
$) Should I dye my hair pink to match my tie-dyed dress
%) Johnny Depp for Intergalactic President. I mean, Best Actor. But only if he wants it.
Okay now- get busy, catch ya later.