www.flickr.com

Friday, July 13, 2007

I hope you'll be ready for some pictures next week...

...because I've got pictures of horses, bird's nests, barn swallows, and all kinds of neat stuff. Maybe I'll show you some poop piles. I might even do a little "Guess what this is" feature. No prizes, just my admiration. I'm too impatient to upload pictures on dial up so I'll do it next week.

Today I'm giving a neighbour's daughter a ride on our horses, cleaning up the corral, trimming some branches and finishing few fix ups in the barn. Good thing we only have 5 acres, 2 horses and 1 barn cat. This is all I can deal with right now!

In case you're wondering, no I haven't been writing but I've been taking notes and writing down ideas in my workbook. I'm going to say that that counts. I feel good out here. I look out the window and see the weathered old barn and the clouds stretching out behind the neighbour's silo and all is right. Maybe not all. Most is right in the world. That's good enough for me.

My mom is such a good cook.

(The Pug is tethered in the yard, lying in the grass and sniffing the breeze. Ahhhhhh!)

8 comments:

Biddie said...

Your mom has always been a good cook. :)
I haven't started READING yet either. (I am such a bad friend), but as soon as some of this crap settles down, I'm all over it. I COULD start to read now, but I remember anything that I do read, soooooo.....
Anyway, I will be talking to you later, right?
Have fun doing farmy stuff. :)

Dr. Medusa said...

Hi Heidi. I am finally delurking (after reading your blog for almost a year now--sorry to be a creepy lurker for so long) to say hello and to tell you I love your blog. Have tagged you for an award over at my place. Happy writing (note-taking totally counts), happy weekend!

dilling said...

I stand there and read the headlines
he reads the wind
sometimes he hits a funny smell and laughs
I hate it when he does that- I feel so dumb
what? what?(jane siberry, everything reminds me of my dog)
we're off camping tonight...I am gonna have "that" feeling too... sigh

terry said...

isn't that a wonderful feeling when most feels right in the world?

yaay, more pictures! i look forward to them.

Anissa said...

Sounds lovely, Heidi. Enjoy!

Doughnut said...

So mom cooks and Heidi does the dishes? Yes all is right with the world for now and I am glad for you!

Coffeypot said...

Being olfactory impaired as I am, I often wonder what dogs actually smell in the air. No telling what was going through the pugs mind and what delicious and curious aromas were coming his way. I had some polyps removed from inside my nose about twenty five years ago and I have a difficult time smelling things right off. Eventually a whiff will come by and I can smell it. But usually by the time I smell it, everyone else has already passed out. It really makes me wish I could smell like a dog. Uh! Not stink, I mean I wish I could detect aromas like a dog. Except butts! I don’t want to smell any man’s hairy hinny and only a few women’s. Oh, forget it. I didn’t want to comment anyway. Bye!

captain corky said...

Enjoy yourself this Summer Heidi! Looking forward to lots of pics.