www.flickr.com

Friday, March 30, 2007

Toon Town

I'm hungry and it's either 9:30 am or 11:30 depending on what time zone my head is in. Quick update and then it's out to eat and get Jethro a haircut and a new cowboy shirt!!!!

Chill Pills ingested: 1. That's all it took. I'm cheap that way.

Number of take off in a plane: 2

Number of landings: 2

How many times I gripped Jethro's meaty arm in excitement as I pictured the pilot revvin 'er up and dumpin the clutch: Twice

How many times I thought my face was going to melt when the big bird hit the ground running: Twice

Song stuck in my head for the ENTIRE TIME we were on the plane:

Turn this crazy bird around, should have never got on this flight tonight...

***Can you name that song and why it's so appropriate for where I am right now?????********

Number of people who asked me if I'm performing this weekend: 1

How long I was in Saskatoon before I got asked: Less than an hour.

Famous people sightings: 1. Billy Joe Green. He's a Native guy-- that's "Indian" to you less politically senstive types-- and he was a Nominee last year. We always run into him at airports. He's awesome. Blues Man. He's the man in black.

Had a late meal at the so called Irish pub downstairs. Um, Irish? Maybe Scandinavian or Ukrainian, sure, although the chances of finding a Mennonite Pub are like, impossible, but it ain't very Irish out here! We got the special. Dry ribs. It's chunks of pork breaded and deep fried. I dunno. I thought there was something kind of dirty about that term. I just kept repeating it in my head.

Time I woke up this morning: 6:30. Dammit. Ok it was 8:30 at home so technically I still got to sleep in.

What time Jethro's cell phone started ringing: 7:30

No rest for the wicked.

OK I'm off to eat and we're gonna check out this Toon Town.

9 comments:

Nölff said...

Ya'll have fun

cadbury_vw said...

if you go about an hour out of town you'll be able to find plenty o' Mennonite food places (not many "Mennonite pubs" though)

you know that Saskatoon was originally a temperance colony?

so, it's probably good you were able to find a drinking establishment (being as the booze has to arrive on stagecoach just like you ;-)

as for the song... i will leave that to a person who doesn't have that set of facts at their fingertips to make a guess

enjoy your time. will you be making it to see The Hip?

dilling said...

ssssqqquuueeeaaaalllll

Michael Colvin said...

How exciting to be able to go to a big famous person bash. My Saturday night has been cancelled so I shall have to live through you Heidi. :)

Crafty Missus said...

missus,
i needs to take notes when reading yer posts to remember all the things i want to respond to.
1st. chilli pills?
2nd.cbc radio one said that the juno's will be pre empted for some show that i don't even know the name of and all i got is ctv!!!
3rd. more cbc radio one advice, do not put emphasius on the 'wan'.
4th. dry ribs? yip, that's dirty.
5th. take a moment to be disgusted with smelly retardo for me, please. thank you.
fun! fun!

Biddie said...

Yeah, all of the famous people! Have you seen anyone else famous yet? Have you seen anyone of KC's future husbands? Maybe you could find one for KK, too. That boy that she's got over here all of the time.....Yikes.
What are you doing tonight? I got your text. No worries. Left you a message on my blog.
You should have seen The Pug jump when J got up this morning! He was SO happy to see her! He'll be fine. I spoke to your Boy last night. He was bummed without his Pug, but I think that everyone will survive. I'm glad that I got to see Nigel again. :)

cadbury_vw said...

dry ribs just means ones with no BBQ sauce on them

you know - greek ribs - cooked in the oven with basil and oregeano

that way you can eat them without a big mess, just a little grease

what do you call them?

Heidi the Hick said...

Nolff- fun fun fun

Cadbury- If we had time and cab fare I'd love to check out some Mennonite history around here, even though it's not exactly my heritage, as most of these settlements were Russian and I'm from the Swiss branch of the family.

I heard about the temperance history!! I think that's over now. This whole ribs thing though is a whole new thing. Maybe I just don't get out enough?

Don't know if we'll be catching many shows this weekend....because we'll be going to (choke, choke) PARTIES!!!

Dilling- AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Tod- yes, for once my weekend will be more exciting than most people's...we'll see....

Cara
1) Ativan.
2) CTV changed their minds and decided to make the Junos the big deal. It's in the post before this one under THE SHOW.
3) I did not know that.
4)y'know?
5) I won't get anywhere near her. Not even close. Not that that saddens me.

Biddie, I am so sure that I'm going to scare off any potential husbands for your adult daughter will be ended by my own public stupidity....but thank you for taking care of my dog!!!!

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Wow, have a blast! I like the on-site blogging! Pictures please!

And don't forget the number of times the pilots said "WOOHOO!!!!" on takeoff: 2.