www.flickr.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

Okaaaay...this might bother you...

This morning I had a horrific dream that I cut off my middle finger on my left hand. I felt pretty bad about it but was really relieved that the throbbing pain was finally gone (what???) then wrote to Tony Iommi for advice, but eventually realized that maybe I should have just gone to the doctor to get my finger fixed up because now I was essentially maimed in a highly visible place. And also it hurt like hell, and I could feel it even though it wasn't there. When I woke myself up I laid there in the dark rubbing my thumb over my fingernail, amazed that I could feel that fingertip, and feeling so deeply happy that I still had all my extremities. People, please be thankful for your extremities.

This morning my son yanked out that tooth that's been loose for about 7 months.

Also I dreamt that Jethro and I were down sowwwwwth and bought a car to drive around in for $150. Imagine my joy when I found out that it was none other than our '67 Strato Chief!!!! Damn I loved that car. There it was, cracked dash, wiggly front seat and all. Except that we were on the lam from evil fake cops and it wasn't nearly as much Bonnie And Clyde fun as it sounds.

Oh and I watched the Oscars last night. The whooooole thing. I'll write about it this afternoon. I got some things ah gotta doooooo..... first. See ya.

14 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

It's no wonder I'm so damn tired all the time.

Biddie said...

I would hate to lose my middle finger. It's the one that I use the most.
Oh man, Ethel is back? She was great. Did you out run the fake evil cops? What did you do to make them chase you? Take my word for it, the cops'll come after you for just about anything......
Well, the fake evil ones, anyway.

captain corky said...

I'll check in later tonight. This is where I come to get the latest Heidi. ;)

Timmy said...

dreams are extentions of reality.

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie, hahaha! Yeah I was kinda worried about that in my dream. Like as in, NOW what am I gonna do?

In real life I slammed my left ring finger into the door a few months back and only recently the red spot has grown out from under the nail. Frickin painful. Like an electric shock every time I accidentally hit it.

Our borrowed mare stepped on our farrier's finger last summer. Dad says it's the ONLY time in about 6 years he's heard her swear. She lost the nail. Ow.

Corky!! You know how it is- I suffer through the awards so you don't have to.

Timmy...Gahhhh!!!! Does this mean I can still write to Tony Iommi? Cuz I'm not worthy.






Oh yeah, and Biddie?? We outran them fake evil cops. It took a whole huge giant gas tank, but we outran em. I think they were chasing us just because we looked kinda funny. They did to. They had these badges with the word "Security" on them...

Nölff said...

I lost a thumbnail before and it hurt like a S.O.B.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I lost my toenail in kindergarten. Do u remember that?! I cried because I couldn't go to school and now I cry because I HAVE to go to school.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I lost my toenail in kindergarten. Do u remember that?! I cried because I couldn't go to school and now I cry because I HAVE to go to school.

CindyDianne said...

I am very sensitive to finger issues. I am smashed, cut, and hurt them too many times.

Heidi the Hick said...

See, not only do I watch awards shows for you guys, but I have the horrific injury dreams too. Let's call it communal catharsis.

I'm going to get the oil changed in my truck. First oil change on the new motor!

Meow Meow said...

Sorry about the dreams.

I only saw about an hour of the Oscars

Nicole said...

Now, see, I think that losing-your-finger dream was quite psychic, considering your son lost his tooth after you woke up. But that's just me. :-)

Heidi the Hick said...

neenee neenee
neenee neenee

dilling said...

I think I am currently losing my toenail...on my big toe...that is enough. I can't imagine losing a whole toe, let alone a finger.
On another note, i am remembeing every dream lately and I never remember dreams(nightmares, yes)...so maybe it's just the atmospheric pressure kind of thing...