www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Question and Answer Time at Hick Chic

So much for, "I'll only answer one question". Clearly that is not going to happen, not with you guys and your interesting brains and irresistible questions! There are a few things asked that I've been thinking of writing about anyways, and some that I'll answer today.


Balloon Pirate said...
Tell us more about your sister, and why you two dont get along?

yeharr

Heidi the Hick said...Actually we do get along...we're just extremely different in many ways!! She's very organized and proper and polite. I'm a frickin mess. She gets regular haircuts. Me, semi- annual. She's very private and I'm a blabbermouth. She has 6 years of post secondary education. I split after one year of college. She likes all them diva singers. I like male rock stars with questionable fashion sense. She is a single woman managing life on her own. I got married at 20 and had two kids by 25. We've taken two different roads. And Pirate thank you for asking because it just occurred to me that I made it look like we aren't close. Despite our opposite qualities on the outside, on the inside we're alike. We finish each other's sentences and say things at the same time. We laugh at stupid things. And the reason why you don't hear much about my sister Sweetie is because she really does not want to be any part of this odd little blog world! So that's why I'm answering you here instead of making a new posting about it. Just out of respect for my little sister. I still say, by the way, that she should have been born first. She would have been way better at guiding her wild child sibling through life!


LeRoy Dissing said...

Well Heidi, you told us what you wished for in your previous post. My question is the inverse of that post: What would you not wish for?

Heidi the Hick said...Well LeRoy, I do not wish for a brand new house. If I had any sense I would be making it a goal for my next house to be new and problem free. Sadly I have no sense. I love worn wooden floors and bumpy walls and ripply windows. I grew up in a house like that. It was freezing frickin cold in the winter. I loved that house and I still do and some day I want one like it.


The Adult in Question said...

Okay, I have been thinking about a question for a very long time. I spent the majority of my four hour shift thinking about it and my question is...
Did you decide to pluck your eyebrows?!?!


Heidi the Hick said...KC, the answer is...Yes! Kindof. I am going to get my unibrow modified. Just the parts that are growing in the wrong direction. I'm going to do it once in February and once in March. I'm having facial anxiety thinking about it but I've been assured that she'll be very good to me and I'll be able to drive myself home afterwards. Wish me luck!

The Laugh Out Loud Award this week goes to: Cara! For mimicking my Mennonite accent. I've never met a Newfie I didn't like!

cara winsor hehir said...

how often do you get new barn boo-ats?
as in, do you by a new pair as soon as your old ones blow out, or do you plastic bag your feet and then put on yer boots before slagging out the stalls, or do you let the stuff seep in and squish around your toes?

Heidi the Hick said...Well, Cara, I don't remember the last time I gawt new boo-ats! They last a good long time. Cleary I do not spend nearly enough time in them! I really snickered at the stuff seeping in! Gahhhhhh! Our barn isn't seepy and squishy inside the stalls, since we bed the horses on shavings, but that corral is a clayish, s***ttish, muddish nasty pit when it's wet. And I'm only just realizing that I hate having wet toes. So, yeah, I'd pretty much go without a meal to plunk down the twenny bucks at the feed mill for new barn booats!!!!! But the plastic bags on the feet. Oh girl, that is killer funny!


Old Scrote said...

Is this a question?

Heidi the Hick said...Yes, Jake, that is a question! And I've just answered it! (Thanks for making it easy.)


ScaramoucheX said...

Here's my question:

"What are you doing with it?"

Think about it. Don't dare respond, 'What is 'it'?', or I shall consign you to the seventeenth ring of Hell, that reserved for the boring...


Heidi the Hick said...Hello ScaramoucheX! I think you must be new here. I can tell because if you'd been here before you'd already know that I would not respond, 'What is 'it'?'. I'll tell you what I'm doing with it:

I'm writing about it. I'm holding it close to my chest and warming it up. I'm staring at it until I can see it in my sleep. I'll saddle it up and ride it. Later on I'm sure I'll be dreaming about it.

There. Now, I must gently and lovingly reprimand you that there will be no consigning to any part of Hell around here. I don't think any of us are qualified for that job. If you've spent enough time here you'd know that I'm a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. Also I want to know if you do the FandangoX. Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening me, galileoX, galileoX, etc etc etc etc etc. Come back tomorrow, I've got lots more.

captain corky said...

I'm definitely interested in learning more about your religion.

I've always been bad at following directions... Let me try again.

Heidi, do you believe in God?

Heidi the Hick said...Yes. I do. I absolutely believe in God despite not knowing exactly who or what he or she actually is. I don't really care either. I just believe. I don't ridicule people who don't believe in God though. That would be cruel. Besides, I can see an atheist's point. Most of what we attribute to God can be explained or rationalized by Science or Coincidence or A Work Ethic or Pure Dumb S**t Luck. I however am a totally irrational person. Oh, and I've heard God's voice in my head a few times. So yeah. I believe in God.


Tod said...

I'd like to know about the thing you did as a kid that you never told your parents...even as an adult.

Heidi the Hick said... Oh Tod. You are so wicked. I love it.

I'm wracking my brain to think of That Thing which they haven't already found out about...and that I'm willing to offer here, since my mom has this web address and may or may not have figured out how to turn on her computer by herself! Believe me I've caused my mom enough pain already!

Okay. There were five guys in my room one afternoon. Everybody's clothes stayed on and nobody smoked anything. Anything. I don't even remember who they all were. One was my boyfriend. We just listened to Zeppelin and swore a lot. It was a very slow afternoon.

I'm sorry Mom! I promise I never let anybody smoke in the house! Remember that darning needle with the hash all over it? It was him! It was him! He did it when we were out! But you already knew that, didn't you Mom?

Good times, man. Good times. I would never ever ever be teenaged again. Holy crap.

NOW, A FEW OF YOU ASKED QUESTIONS THAT CAN ONLY BE ANSWERED BY TAKING UP MORE ROOM THAN THIS! So that's why next week is Answer Week, when I will explain:

-to Smartypants what's up with my grocery store aversion
-to Angel what I do for a living
-to Holly what my earliest memory is
-to Cindy Dianne how I'm going to get my riding instructor's certification
AND why my parents quit farming

I might even try to explain what the heck kind of Mennonite I am. Bear with me- this could take awhile since I'm still trying to figure it out for myself!



Thank you all for your questions. Thank you for stopping by for a read. I've got lots more...

24 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

OOOOOHH!!!!!

IT'S MY EVIL TWIN!!!!!!

Welcome Chic Handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CindyDianne said...

Oh YAY, I can't wait until next week! WUHOO! Pick on of mine for Monday? Please? Huh? Huh? Will ya?

Heidi the Hick said...

Well when you ask with "please" how can i say no???

Crafty Missus said...

lovely hazel eye, missus. and mennonites talk like townies (git on yer boo-ats, were goin' oot in bo-at) is a horse, a harse?
i remember cold early winter mornings, trudging up to the barn in holey rubbers, the sawdust, urine and crappola mixed together, plastic bags saved my socks, before that my feet perpetually stank. hard way to make friends.

Heidi the Hick said...

Cara, baby, I had one of those cold mornings today. I did chores for my coach and her pony was on the wrong side of the fence. That was pretty nasty tying the broken electric fence together in -15C weather. At least the fence was turned off! ha ha!

But my feet were getting cold. Just had rubber boots with felt insoles. Gotta get warm barn boots for when I'm at her place. And no holey rubbers! That's never good!!

terry said...

you have byoooootiful eyes!

loved reading this. your answers are so interesting.

Juan Gabriel Llorca said...

Ha ha, Heidi, you have balls and imagination, too...not afraid to go where crazy leads you...
I like what you are doing with it...sounds very much like you are doing the right thing...groovy.
Yes, I do the FandangoX quite well, I'll post a video sometime soon...

Doughnut said...

Thanks so much heidi...I love old houses too, where the running water was someone running with a pail of it between the well and the house. Old houses have character (and that you have plenty of) but yet charm and solid (even though drafty). I don't think the questions will stop, especially as you continue to answer others. Wonderful posts!!

Timmy said...

awesome answers!

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh thank you Timmy! I bust my butt to bring you quality bloggage. sometimes I succeed!

Leroy- you're welcome and thank you!

scaramouchex, you may come back. I'm not usually afraid of crazy. Scary crazy not so much but nutty crazy I'm totally on board with.

Terry, blink blink, blush.

captain corky said...

I believe too Heidi! I just don't believe in organized religion.

I'm definitely interested in your conversation. Tell me about it sometime.

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Great answers Heidi. And lots of questions still to answer!

Did you go to chic-handsome's blog? How obnoxious! It took me a couple of aggravated minutes to get all the videos stopped so I could read...errr...nothing! I did read the comments though, and it sounded like a lot of people politely commenting because he commented on their blogs. Oh here I am rambling on. I'm home for a couple of days. Once again, mostly reading and only occasionally commenting. Sorry.

Heidi the Hick said...

Corky, organized religion is a pain. Not 100% but often. Yes, I'll tell you more but I absolutely will NOT bible thump you, okay, so don't even ask. Do not beg to be bible thumped because I just won't do it!

Hi Yankee! Yeah I went to that guy's blog. What a joke! Oh well. I still think that photo is Hilarious!

Good to see you again!

Holly Kennedy said...

Cool answers but I'm so disappointed. I was scrolling down excited to read what your first memory was and... nothing. Ah well. I'll come back next week!

FOUR DINNERS said...

mono brows are exclusively from Manchester, England and have the surname Gallagher. They also sing in a band called Oasis. As you aren't Liam or Noel you may be their long lost sister. Gizza rendition of "Wonderwall" then..

Heidi the Hick said...

Ok.

caws bay baaayyyyy

yo gonna be the wan that sayevs maaayyyyyyy

an dafta rawlllll

yo mah wunda waaaa-aaaaa-aaaallllllllllll


Not bad for having no British genetics in me????

Michael Colvin said...

Thanks for answering my question Heidi. You little devil you... No I need to go check on your evil twin.

katy said...

ha ha sorry i missed asking you a question, but some good questions asked and great answers!

Dan said...

It's funny, but you don't look or write like a hick!

That's good, right? :)

Heidi the Hick said...

Tod, you're welcome and thank you, from the little devil!

Indoors- glad you liked it! You'll get a chance to ask a question, I'm sure. This was fun and I'll have to do it again!

Dan, welcome! Please feel free to come back, but I have to warn you that you've fallen into the common mistake that all rural people are uneducated, illiterate and stupid. I myself am educated to the point of tolerance, quite literate, and crazy. And as for looking like a hick, wellllll..... come back and you'll notice that I'm a stylin' hick, hence this blog's name, and that's a pickup truck I'm leaning on in that photo! See ya later!

Jethro said...

One of my best buddies when I was a kid had a 'Unibrow'. He always said he had two eyebrows, but he shaved the top one off... Remember Celine before she tweezed? How about Brooke Sheilds? Both beautiful women. See? Just be careful is all I'm sayin'... You start messin' with that stuff, the next thing you know, you look like Cruella DeVille.

Hey, I though we said no face photos? Not very flattering... but... heh heh...

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh honey, you're just skeert if I show my face I'll knock out everybody's computers. Hairy forehead and all. How'd ya like me now baby!

It's okay the eyebrow waxing is only a day surgery procedure. I'll be coherent that evening. Promise.

Hey. You forgot one. Julia Roberts, my overgrown twin. She had to work hard to wrangle those unibrows too you know.

Jethro, you kin git on mah prawpity anytime. Like NOW. Git!

dilling said...

I hope I am not too late to get in on the question and answer theme...i've been away...i'll have to give it some thought...and give myself a good long stretch of time to catch up on your next post...tomorrow... and then get back with my question, too...

Heidi the Hick said...

I will save room for you Dilling.