www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I missed the Golden Globe Awards last night...

...because I went to my writer's group meeting instead. My kids opted to watch The Curse of The Black Pearl rather than catch the awards and report to me when I got home. I'm going to have to spend some time catching up on showbiz news.

Meanwhile, I saw a photo this morning on Go Fug Yourself. LOOK, IT'S JETHRO AND ME!!!!
No it's not. It's Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling. I think they're Canadian. But they're not us, not quite. The resemblance is striking. Other than that she towers over me and he's not quite as "man sized" as my Jethro.

The Fug Girls didn't like their looks much. I personally love it. I love her hair. What a lovely shade of pink. I was told last year that this particular shade of pink looked very nice with my skin tone, and I loved it when my hair was that colour, but in September I dyed it brown and now everybody says they really like it better this way. Gah. Boring. I need more daylight and pink hair.

They didn't like his mustache either. Now I ask you, how can something like a mustache offend so highly? What's the big deal? Why are we so afraid of a little facial hair in this culture? Geez. Okay I admit I don't like facial hair so much on myself.

I also want to state that I kind of like his suit. I could be fooled into thinking he just strode into the saloon after stepping out of the stagecoach.

And now I must get on with my day. Thanks for dropping by to read this totally fluffy and silly posting!

18 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

However Jethro wouldnt' do the greasy hair thing and I wouldn't carry a clutch bag. Waht the heck? What if you wanna eat something?? And hold a drink?

I need to get out more.

CindyDianne said...

I liked your pink hair. Though, I really do like the brown too. Honestly, the brown probably looks better on you and I probably adore the pink simply because it is ... unusual. But, I say do whatever makes you happy!

Heidi the Hick said...

Yay for Happy!

My husband looked at me kinda funny when I mentioned this morning that I need some pink streaks agian. Kind of like, Oh please honey you don't really wanna do that do ya, kind of look.

He didn't say it though. He's never asked me to be normal. He better not start. mwa ha ha ha ha !!!

Coffeypot said...

She’s got nothing on you, Heidi. You’re just a purty little heffer. Add 30 years, 6 inches, 50 lbs, grayer hair and no mustache and I would look like Ryan.

Biddie said...

They are Canadian, they're actually from London, Ontario. Now that Ryan is a full blown man, I don't feel like a dirty old woman for lusting after him. I don't like the greasy hair, tho.

Crafty Missus said...

i think they are very cute. and my husband is from london so in my experience very cute people come from london.
and i want green hair. slime green hair.

Balloon Pirate said...

jeebus. last night the kids and I watched a movie too. guess which one?

cool that you're doing that writers' group thing. I admire that.

hey--I saw a contest online where you submit the first three chapters of a finished novel, and the winner gets five grand, plus a five grand book advance, plus a publishing contest. did you see anyting about that?

yeharr

dilling said...

I have magenta over my white hairs right now... and in my bathtub, on the shower curtain, the tile floor and the porcelain sink...
I like them both, I love his suit but do so hate the mustache...but, they're back...bless the 70's, they are back.

SkippyMom said...

"I need more daylight and pink hair" I seriously think I just found my new mantra!

Can I use it as my tag line on my blog? full credit - of course!

Hugs

Heidi the Hick said...

Ryan "Coffeypot" Gosling- flattery works every time, eh?

Biddie- let's hear it for the full blown man!

(...is that dirty? That's not something dirty is it?)

Cara- my husband went to college in London, does that count? Yay for London! Yay for slime green hair!

Pirate- I think I read about that just before I shut it down for the night and therefore don't have any details. I'll look into it!!

Dillling- Magenta. Maybe I'll try that next.

Skippymom- you know, I think you should adopt it. Just tell em Heidi the Hick sent ya!

Heidi the Hick said...

oh yes, Pirate...great minds think alike. Savvy?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I love Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams!!!

Heidi the Hick said...

They're like, America's sweethearts, only Canadian.

Biddie said...

Honestly, do you think that my mind is ALWAYS in the gutter?
Sheesh.

Doughnut said...

At least her tatoo doesn't show...that is if she has one. I won't ask if you have one or where heidi, but you can always volunteer!

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie, not ALWAYS in the gutter....

Leroy- I have no tattoos. My husband is completely grossed out by them. Not on other people, just on himself or on his wife.

Doughnut said...

ditto heidi!

terry said...

btw, the golden globes will be rebroadcast on bravo saturday night...