www.flickr.com

Friday, December 08, 2006

Secrets

I don't many have secrets of my own. I have a few things I don't tell so easily, some things I don't feel like sharing, and some things I'm saving up.

This is for you, CindyDianne, since you asked me nicely and you're just so cute.

1) I sort of, in many ways, a little bit, kind of hate Christmas. I feel pretty bad about it. I should be eager to celebrate the day chosen to mark the birth of my saviour, you know, me and Jesus we're like this but there's so much to get irritated with and I hope despite this you can all still like me.

2) The first time I thought about killing myself I was 12.

3) The last time I thought about killing myself was Thursday December 7 2006 at approximately 3:30pm.

Edit: I have to make this clear. I have thought about it and probably will again but I WILL NOT do it. Ever. I tell myself that it's just a thought, it doesn't control me. It's not the answer. Life is the answer.

4) I often wish I had the guts to develop what tiny shred of musical talent I have because other than my whole poor sleep thing and my strong homebody tendencies and avoidance of big cities, I think I would have made a pretty decent little rock star.

5) I find Davey Havok oddly attractive.

I'm very disturbed by this. He plucks his eyebrows and has recently taken up wearing false eyelashes. This is not what I look for in a guy. I haven't plucked my eyebrows in twenty years, although I did enjoy the false eyelashes...on Halloween. I'm pretty sure he's never ever worn flannel in his life. Or sat in a pickup truck.

But his eyes, those dark brown eyes! His voice, all five of them! His jaw! His totally intense stage presence, which I've only seen on TV but which knocked me out! The screaming, the mic cord wrapped around the arm!
His Jack Skellington tattoos! His Edward Scissorhands wardrobe! His top lip is so curvy I almost can't look at it! Honestly, it's killing me. (Jethro has a curvy top lip and sometimes I can't hear what he's saying because of it.) Davey also has those two little lines under his bottom lip and I'm getting dizzy over it. This man wears more makeup than I do. I'm troubled.

Jethro, who has excellent gaydar (remarkable for a long haired country boy) after working in the music business for almost 20 years, figures that Davey here is not gay but I don't care, I just want to listen to his haunting voice and spooky lyrics about dark nights and bare trees and the sadness of knowing that nobody will ever understand you, and I want to keep not looking at his top lip so that I don't go crazy.

So there ya go, 5 secrets and they're not secrets anymore. Man I feel like I'm sitting here in my undies, I'm so embarrassed. yeesh.


And yet I feel strangely free...

oh wait, is it Friday?





Much better. All is right with the world again.

Next week is list week. Make sure you come back because I'll have five days worth of lists. I promise it won't be as boring as it sounds!

23 comments:

DINK said...

I THINK HE`S STANGLY HOT AS WELL AND THE LAST TIME I THOUGHT OF KILLING MYSELF WAS LAST NIGHT!I LOVE YOU GIRL!

Timmy said...

I think he is hot.

I hate xmas too, but its no secret!

CindyDianne said...

Nope - he doesn't do it for me.

I get so stressed at Christmas I could cry daily.

I don't normally think of killing myself, but I am going through so much with the teenager right now that it would be much easier.

Thanks for doing your secrets! I can't wait for list week!

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Your feelings about Christmas do not change my opinion of you. Did you like it when you were a kid? I admit, I liked it MUCH better when I was a kid. And I think I will like it less when my kids grow up. It's enjoyable now because I see them having fun (and making memories I hope they will cherish for many years).

I'm sorry but that guy gives me the creeps. Even more if he's not gay. I can understand a gay guy doing "girly" things, but when a straight guy wears fake eyelashes and makeup, I'm totally GROSSED OUT! BLECCHH! I just don't get it.

Biddie said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas. I love the time with the kids, hanging out as a family, and all of the good food. I hate the pressure, the crowds, the rush,rush,rush......
I do love you. I would be SO lost without you. You know it.
Can't wait for your lists........

Heidi the Hick said...

Mar- Oh the thoughts that go through our heads, eh? Just so you know, I'm not ever going to go through with it. Ever. Hugs to you, girl!

Timmy- You are so honest!

Cindy- He is totally not your type at all. And yes, I had myself a good little hard cry last night, just because I needed it, and I feel much better now. I recommend it!

JJ- what the heck is wrong with us???? Us with our rocker boys. tee hee.

Yankee- I know!!!! Seriously, it doesn't make sense that I would dig this guy.

Although I'd love to see him without makeup. I don't- repeat DON'T- usually like makeup on guys.

Thanks for still liking me even after I revealed my evil Christmas secret! Yes I did like it when I was a kid. How could I not- I got a Christmas tree and a big dinner for every birthday. But once I got older I started realizing that other kids came back in January with this huge list of stuff they got and my sister and I each got, like, two things. Plus my birthday gift. I think that's where my distaste started. I was SO HAPPY with what I got, and hated how it turned into an acquisition contest.

oops I just wrote a whole other blog post in the comments section.

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie, you just totally nailed it. That's it, all boiled down to the bare facts.

I love YOU!!!! And I even love your crazy little Christmas village! I couldn't have it in my house though so I'll just have to come over and visit it at your house.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

You think about killing yourself?

But you make such a beautiful impact in this world!

:|

Heidi the Hick said...

Yeah, I think about it. Not as much as I used to. I want you to know, I won't do it. I've just accepted that this will follow me and I don't have to ever give in to it. I know the feeling will pass and I do love my life and everybody in it.

You know what, it was pretty scary to hit the button on this one (and not just for the ribbing I'd take over Guyliner Boy there.) It was scary to put it out there that I have suicidal thoughts.

But I do, and I used to pretend I didn't. It made it worse.

Thank you Jas, I'm going to spend the rest of the day thinking that I have a beautiful impact on the world.

CindyDianne said...

Heidi - your birthday? When is your birthday? Mine is the 12th!

Heidi the Hick said...

25th

CindyDianne said...

Oh my. You ARE a Christmas Baby. The teenager was supposed to be born on the 22nd. He kept us in suspense until the 31st. But, I was thankful that he didn't come on Christmas.

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Cranky's birthday is Dec. 30th. (Makes it really hard for me.) I think he felt jipped when he was a kid. I surprised him with a birthday cake the first Dec. we were together and he told me that was the first birthday cake he ever had. I couldn't believe it.

I'm soooo glad you would never go through with that. You're so brave to admit it and I'm impressed with how you handle it. You're awesome!

Steven said...

I find the fact that you find Davey Havok to be slightly attractive to be slightly scary. ;)

Steve~

Heidi the Hick said...

Steven, it IS scary- that's why it was a secret! Geddit?

Yankee, thank you. I've come a long way.

Cindy- I'll tell you all about my birthday soon...


Does anybody else find the last picture funny?? Like, cute funnyish?

Balloon Pirate said...

I shoveled my driveway and sidewalk this morning. Then I shoveled my neighbors driveway and sidewalk.

It was my first Christmas gift this year.

Not everyone has to like Christmas. But I do.

yeharr

katy said...

yeah still like you even though you kind of hate christmas! that guy is a yuk for me!
looking forward to the lists x

dilling said...

Holy cow, is it Christmas? Who knew?
And who was that pretty girl on your blog?!? She looks distantly related to Merideth who used to be on the View.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I hate the Xmas Village. I haven't really had time to mess around with it though.
I do love me some AFI

Crafty Missus said...

i understand. but when you have bebes you lose control over such decisions. probably the best thing that could happen... do you take any drugs, the right dosage can alleviate a lot.
as for xmas, you need the right holiday tunes and a johnny depp in santa get up fantasy to help the spirit. it doesn't need to be anymore than that....

terry said...

no wonder you hate christmas a little bit. steals the birthday thunder!

and we're all attracted to all sorts of things in other people, even when they make no sense.

i enjoyed reading your no-longer secrets.

Heidi the Hick said...

pirate- you are a sweet guy, in spite of your gruff exterior!! (I have a lot of snow on my driveway...)

indoors- thank you! Come back next week!

Dilling...I feel another photo comparison coming on...

KC- there should be an AFI concert in the village, eh?

Cara- thanks for understanding. I have a few remedies and therapies that are usually working and that I often grow weary of! And I have to say, YOU have come up with the best idea of all. It is the first time EVER that I have wanted to sit on Santa's knee.

Terry- few things in my life make sense, even to me!

Angela said...

Hey ya Heidi, I've seen Dylan 4x. He's really really good. And you don't have to be a great singer to be a great songwriter, and as far as I'm concerned, Bobby is one of the BEST. The last time I saw him, after the show, I tossed a smooth round stone down to the area just offstage. I had written "How does it feel?" on the stone and I always imagined that the roadies gave it to him.