www.flickr.com

Friday, September 08, 2006

WORD OF THE WEEK!!!

ASS HAT!!!!


Isn't it great? It's like swearing, but kind of not! And so multi-purpose!

What does it mean exactly? Heck I don't know! I just like the sound of it! ASS-HAT!

Today you can find it on Nanaimo Blahg, which I strongly urge you to read. Not only is there a gnarly sea monster skull of some kind featured, but there is also a very convincing rant on why we should be able to let our dogs play on the beach.

Because we pay taxes! I mean, we do, at least once every three years.

Here's my small dog walking on the beach with a big man. We did let him off the leash that day, but you see, he was on probation because he took off on me a few days before and damn near got kicked by a horse, which made me very angry with him, because I have not raised him to do stupid stunts like that, and he scared my daughter so much that she cried and I grabbed the little monster and threw him straight into the bathtub to wash the horse s**t off of him because my mother does not allow s**tty animals in her house, and then I wouldn't speak to him for three hours...and that's why he's on the leash in these photos. (Yes I know. He was just being a dog, and dogs love to chase. I know.) I do want you to know that he proved himself and was a good boy when I gave him his freedom. The little ASS-HAT!

Now, where did it come from? I got it from a site called Querencia, a mind expanding blog where we discuss critters, archaeology, and sometimes good home cooking. One day a few weeks ago there was a discussion about Animal Rights Freaks who are, in my opinion, nuts, because they think it's cruel to do basically anything with animals. Anything. Ride a horse, milk a cow, use a dog for herding. And they are...everybody say it with me now...a bunch of ASS-HATS!

But imagine my surprise when I punched it into Images and found a plethora of ass-hat items! Here are my favourites:

I need one of these.
I love Jesus! He loves everybody, ass-hats included. Jesus is so great.
Self-explanatory-wear!


And in deference to my originally planned post for today...here is Johnny in a plaid shirt. All young and everything. Oh dear.

You'll just have to wait til Monday for the rest of that one! Have a good weekend, ass-hats! Love ya!

21 comments:

Biddie said...

Ass-hat is the word heard 'round the world. Seriously, you've started something.

dilling said...

You so totally rock, Hick Chic!!!! I need that hat, I need that Jesus and I just nearly shot my breakfast out through my nose while reading your post!!!!
Thanks for the mention, too! Have a great weekend. Don't let the Ass-hats bring you down!!!

Timmy said...

I have buddy christ on my desk at work.

Asshat is a great word!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Hey Asshat! That's funny as hell! Hahahahaha! I heard Red Foreman from That 70's Show tell Eric that he'd "wear his ass for a hat" all the time. Maybe that's where it came from. Anyway! Love you Heidi!

katy said...

have started using ASS-HAT in sheffield and am going visiting the son in bolton tomorrow so will introduce them to the great new word ASS-HAT we love it

LadyHAHA said...

got here from a link via Lbb. I love the ass hat..all the asshats featured. Although Jesus loving asshats was the best!

Great blog....
..

..

..
Asshat! :P

Mermaid Melanie said...

Nice Post! ass-hat. been using it for a while.

and the jesus cracked me up! gotta love google.

keep them coming. i especially want to hear about J.Depp.

;-)

Bare said...

I just want you to know how much I LOVE the word, Asshat!!! It's one of my favorite words! I have no friggin' clue where it came from, but I've been using it for a couple of years! It's great to find other likeminded people! :0)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Ass Hats...I've been thinking about that all week, especially in class and then I want to laugh but if I do I look insane sitting at my computer screen laughing. I have influenced many people at work because they too now use the word ass hat. Also, my manager is an extra large ass hat.

Marni said...

I learned Ass-Hat from Klee at The Reluctant Prophet blog. I use it all the time! It makes me feel good to say it -- and not in the least bit dirty.

As for the pugger - aren't they just little ass-hats in training? They are so independent it is frightening sometimes.

Elmo said...

Speaking of ass-hats...your probably the only one who likes my Band of the Week. ;)

willi said...

I haven't heard the word before, but it's cool. Asshat, even has ring to it. Dig the Jesus loves Asshats.

Found you through dilling. Nice blog. But why are people concerned about dogs on the beach if your pooch is chasing a horse on the beach? Go figure.

dilling said...

Silly, willi, her dog chased a horse on the farm!!! none of our dogs bother anyone on the beach! I really try to make sure I am far away from anyone if I am letting the dog run! And I scoop, too!!! Thank you for stopping by!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

God I love that word - just saying it makes me giggle!!

Jake Allsop said...

Yesterday, I realised I was one - an ass hat, I mean. You remember you told me about the horrible conditions to be found in and under the drainer? Well, I cleaned mine yesterday. It took me ages, and still wasn't perfect. And then the thunderbolt of enlightenment hit me. The solution to a diry drainer? Throw the fricking thing away and buy a new one. See what I mean about me being an ass hat?!
Jake

Heidi the Hick said...

Jake, I"m so proud of you! Admitting it is the first step.

Now I have to go through away my dish drainer!!!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Also, don't call your dog an Ass Hat...

Heidi the Hick said...

KC- he's not much of an ass hat. He's pretty low on the ass hat scale as far as dogs go!

Biddie- isn't this a scream? All the cool kids are saying it. Our table up by the stage is going to be full of cool kids saying ass hat.

Dillling- Thanks! Let me know if you find an asshathat!

Tim, I'm so pleased that you have a buddy christ on your desk.

Red- Red Foreman. That's all I gotta say.

indoors- Yay! Spread the word, haha!

jj- I've been accused of being cheesy, but I still love Don Juan DeMarco!

Elaine- thanks!

Melanie- thanks for the visit. There's always a dose of Johnny Depp around here. Promise you that!

Miss- I don't know where it came from either,and it's new to me, but I think it's funny. It's my new THING.

KC- You giggling in class over ass hats is a visual that I love!!!

Marni- I maybe shouldn't share this with my kids but they're allowed to say ass hat at home when there are no other impressionable younguns around. I believe in the double-standard method of parenting, haha.

Jeff- go away.

Elmo- come visit anytime!

Willi- read more carefully, but come back again!

Beck- we all need a giggle, don't we?

Jewel- hadn't heard turd rancher before! Ewww! and Ha ha ha!

Marni said...

We are the parents that allow our kids to say ass, butt, sux, and other "bad" words at home. We say 'em -- why shouldn't they?! We have set boundaries, though -- my mom's house being one. She thinks we are just horrible to let them say such things. I'd rather know they are saying them then doing it behind our backs... :)

Marni said...

We also don't allow the "big" ones like the f-bomb... "adult" words are definitely off the list...

Don't want people out there thinking my kids are cussing like little sailors!

Heidi the Hick said...

ha ha Marni! That's how I grew up! My parents NEVER went out to the barn to shovel manure. They shovelled shit! But we were never ever ever allowed to say the F word!

Of course, never swear in front of the grandparents, especially the pastor grandparents, never at church, obviously, and never at school. Or at the table.

Also we weren't allowed to say shut up.

Or any of those things in front of kids younger than us.

That's pretty much how we're raising our two little monsters!