www.flickr.com

Monday, September 11, 2006

Junkyard Dog

Saturday was a big day. My Dad spent most of Thursday truckin up to Barrie for the Automotive Flea Market hauling a trailer load of parts behind his F-100. He's in high style this year: he bought himself a tent to camp in! We went up on Saturday to mind his booth while he did his walkaround to check stuff out. Of course, while I was selling 30 bux worth of pedals and linkage parts, he was spending twice that on antiquities of immeasurable value. Meanwhile Jethro found my early Christmas present: some spanky new chrome taillights for my truck!


Had a real deal getting the dog in. Technically dogs are not allowed, unless belonging to a vendor. I had to splain that I was with a vendor, that I had a piece of mail with his name and site # on it...and for cryin in a pail, does this look like a vicious dog?


Holy crap people. He's so friendly, your only risk is that you could be licked to death. I know, they have to make those rules for all the ass hats out there who think that their dog has every right to jump up on people, bite anything that moves, and hump everything that doesn't move.

But he was a very good guard for our booth. He watched carefully but didn't bark constantly. He even got a bit of affection. In fact I think he brought a few people in that might not have noticed our booth.

Here is me at my best:

I feel so attractive and comfortable like this! Dare I say, I feel pretty! I feel sexy in my rubber boots and my jeans and hoodie! It's just so right!
I also feel rather stressed today. I started my Equine Business Management course today. I spent all morning trying to figure out the website. I might have nightmares tonight about trying to find Grade 9 Math. Of course in Grade 9 I didn't reward myself for work well done with a nice beer at the end of the day...Just had to tell you all about my weekend. It was a good weekend for kids, dogs, and grandparents!

17 comments:

Biddie said...

Thanks for the mention of grade 9 math. Now I'm going to have nightmares!!!

dilling said...

I think the Dog looks like a little toughie, with that tooth!!! RRRRRRRufff.
I think I rewarded myself with beer in grade nine... In fact, I am sure of it. Grade nine...I went to school where my favourite uncle was a teacher...and was best sailing buddies WITH my grade nine math teacher...I saw that Ass-Hat every friggin' summer of my life while out on the boat for a week or two with my aunt and uncle...it is STILL a nightmare.

Heidi the Hick said...

Sorry Biddie! You can still sit at the cool kids table with me. All the ass hats are over by the coke machine.

Dillling-he thinks he's a Rottweiler. No kidding.

Truth is I did reward myself with various alcoholic beverages in Grade 9. There was never beer in the house though! It was a real challenge. You can imagine.

Geez, you had to hang with your math teacher?! Did you hear that Biddie?????

CindyDianne said...

Oh, come one Heidi! Aren't you the least bit excited about getting to take a class about anything horsey?

I am still jealous. Both because of the class and because it is obviously cool enough up there to justify wearing a hoodie! I know Fall is coming...but it still seems so far off.

Heidi the Hick said...

I was excited but nervous a few days ago...

I admit, now that I've looked through the profiles from my fellow students, I'm warming to the whole thing.

To get into it again, and get over my fear, I had a good look through the workbook. It's an excellent course! I just have to get over my jitters.

icandothisicandothisicandothis!

You're really jealous of hoodie weather? I can't imagine getting tired of summer. Ours is really only from the end of May until the first week of September, and then it cools off again. But I do like my red hooded sweatshirt!

Balloon Pirate said...

I have two high school nightmares
1) I'm walking around with no pants.
Sometimes I'm wearing a dress.

2) I remember, on the last week of school, that I had taken an elective course in math or science, but for some reason, I had forgotten about it for most of the semester. I go to the teacher to ask if I can drop out, but she tells me that I did so well on the one test I took, that she's sure I can make up all the work before the finals.

And your dog looks like he's fearless. At least, when it comes to attacking his dinner.

Yeharr

Heidi the Hick said...

1) It's usually my top that I'm missing, and I only realize that I'm half dressed after I'm rubbing my cold arms to stay warm and can't understand why I have no sleeves.

2)I have a recurring dream that I go nuts and beat everybody on my bus senseless. Except the bus driver. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen in real life...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my dog would kill his dinner if he was hungry enough!

Michelle Therese said...

You just reminded me of the Buddy Christ! I was looking for that photo for my blog!! Yer a genius :-)

Smartypants said...

You will do fine with equine bus. mgmt.! I know you will, sweetie.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

You're a wee sexy lass, my darlin'! Good luck on that course of yours.

And that dog certainly does have an intimidating underbite! Haha!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I love the PUG! I have that pic as my background because I love your dog that much...good luck on your courses.

Notsocranky Yankee said...

You're ggoing to do great with that course -- no worries!!

I grew up with a pug (before they were cool) and people used to say she looked like she chased parked cars. Hey, not every dog can have a nice big snout! She also barked like hell when people LEFT our house, just lovin' when they arrived. Gotta love pugs...

Glad you guys could hold down the parts booth. Where's the picture of your new tail lights?

I'm on the other side of the world (Bombay) and can't seem to get my sleep right. It's now 2:15 AM here and I'm pecking away on my laptop. Must sleep, must sleep...

Anita said...

That dog would definately drawn me in to your booth! He's adorable!

Heidi the Hick said...

Yay! Coffee Witch called me a genius!!!!

Smartypants, thank you for the encouragement!

Nerdboy, nobody's ever called me a lass before! Wow. What a day I'm havin'.

JJ- snaggle tooth for sure. They don't always stick out but when they do it's pure comedy.

KC- the PUG loves you too! Thank you and good luck to you too. We're gonna get through this. Don't know how but we will.

Yankee- PUgs are so funny! I couldn't believe it- there were THREE OTHER PUGS at the flea market! Where did they all come from? I'd never seen one in real life two years ago!

Taillight pix comin up as soon as they get put on. And you'll give us bombay pix, right?

Ammy- would you have bought a nice aluminum Chevy 5 speed truck transmission too? No? Well you can still pet the pug!

CindyDianne said...

Heidi - yeah, I am definately a little jealous of the hoodie weather. However, in a month or so when y'all are super cold and we are just dragging out the long sleeve shirts, I'll be happy. Grass is always greener and all that stuff.

Heidi the Hick said...

Jethro insisted on turning on the furnace a couple of days ago!

Wimp!

He can't help it. His blood is from a country full of mist and fine rain drops. He may have been born here but his ancestral tolerance hasn't caught up yet!

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Bombay pix will be coming soon. I am in Paris now but I'll be back home Friday night.

Have a great weekend!