Seriously, so much to write about, but only 5 days out of the week that I'll allow myself to blog about it! So that's why today I leave you with all this stuff, trivialities and delicacies, and you can pick your favourite to pig out on.
1) I might take the kids to see this if the budget allows.
I don't get wrestling and I don't speak Spanish but I love this man. He just doesn't give a crap, he's doing his thing and he's funny and strangely cute. He even busts out an accent for this one. And you know how much I appreciate the ACTING!
2) You know the loud truck thing? (Scroll down if you don't.) Jethro got it fixed on Tuesday and when I started it the next morning, it sounded weird because the shiny new muffler-tailpipe combo eventually ends up with a set of exhaust manifolds under the engine that are so punched I'm pretty sure I could jab holes in 'em with a screwdriver....I happen to have a screwdriver on the front seat of the truck....maybe I should try it, for kicks...anyways, it's almost as loud now as it was on Monday. So I still get to drive around sounding like a misguided redneck NASCAR freak!
3) Horses know when you want to hunt them down and put a saddle on them and make them work. Try going out to the pasture some time just for a pat and a snuggle. Ears up, eyes soft, you can practically see the question mark in the middle of the diamond shaped forehead. "Does she have a halter behind her back? What does she want with me? 'Cause I'll run for it, I will! Okay that pat is nice. Yeah the scratch is nice too. Uh yeah, that's a good scratch, mmm hmmm. Huh? That's it? That's all? Well that wasn't so bad. Ooh look, I'm standing on grass. Yum."
4) Next week I'm accompanying my kids on vocals at their music recital. Yep, I'm singing. Into a mic. In front of people that aren't related to me. I won't be in a car, or near a campfire, so it's going to be uncomfortable. Am I going to have a panic about it? No. Y'know why? Because it's legitimately scary and I get panic attacks for stupid things like grocery shopping. There won't be groceries there. I'll be nervous and fine. We'll be performing "My Doorbell" by the White Stripes.
I have a new appreciation for the unique drumming skills of Ms. Meg White. Most drummers complain about her, sure, but have you tried to replicate it? Especially if you're nine years old. I'm not a drummer. I'm perplexed. Once I figured out what notes to sing, I had to get the hang of the rhythm of this song. It's all pushes. Now that I almost have that, and have the words almost down (damn short term memory loss) now I'm listening to Jack's vocal closely and hearing all of his stops and breaths and realizing that this guy does not ever ever ever do anything the simple way. It may sound simple in your Jetta, sure, but then you try to chart it and play it and wow, there's a lot more than you thought there was! (Now throw a tambourine in there...)
5) PEONIES! They blow my mind, they're white but there's a yellow tint and in the centre, pink, with little veins of darker pink. See the ant hiding in there?
6) Here's something you don't see everyday:
7) Only 20 more days to THIS! Am I gonna go see it? Heck yes. Elbowing all the other lusty housewives out of the way. Yeah you know I'll be there.
I found a sneak peek on the Intermittent Net:
I'll be over here vibrating with anticipation for a few days.
8) I REPINKED MY HAIR TODAY. It's very very pale but if you look closely you can detect a rosy tint. Couldn't we all use a rosy tint?
9) Pick a topic for next week, pleases. I'm indecisive.
-How Jethro got his name. (That'll be a good one, for sure.)
-Ten things I'll never be able to say to ten people in real life
-You can tell what kind of lover a man might be by how he eats
-The Zen of Horse Catching.
-Live with Nature! In a monster house, after we pave nature.
And if you're all lazy enough to not pick, well that's okay because I think I've just set up most of next week.
10) This is my order for the weekend: Kids, husband, horses, sunshine. Dad's getting a load of HAY this weekend! And HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!
Later, my loveys!