www.flickr.com

Friday, June 30, 2006

Anniversary week: Love Love Love. Are ya sick of it yet?

We knew going into this little marriage thing that there would be problems. First of all, he married a girl who was quite happy on the farm and really couldn't think of a reason to leave, other than to be with him. Why go anywhere? My mom's a good cook, my dad liked having my horse around (despite not really loving the horse himself all that much,) and I loved being in the country, looking out my window at fields and trees and other farms.

Actually, I was ready to spread the wings and fly out of the nest. However, it was made perfectly clear that I would not be gone long. Just a couple of years. Five, tops. Yeah, okay. That should be alright.

Oooops...

Yeah, there are problems. He works too much. He doesn't take very good care of himself. I'm mental. We irritate and annoy each other to no end and you know what bugs me about him the most? That I can't wait to see him again. Grrr....

He booked us a nice place on a lake for us to spend the weekend together. HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYBODY!
Want proof that he loves me? He fessed up a few weeks ago that he had something planned for me for our 15th. Now I realize that it's silly to get something for ME when it's OUR anniversary. Whatevs. It just shows that he cares.

He was working up a plan to get in my truck the morning of the big day and blast off to do some stuff, which would most likely send me into fits of anger, that he could be so unthoughtful as to not only go do some kind of expensive home improvement truck-needing thing, but to do it on our anniversary, which is so unromantic, and to use my truck for it!

Then he'd roll up a few hours later in front of our little townie bungalow with something like THIS:
He was so bummed out that he couldn't do it. It's been an expensive year. Two years. I haven't been earning anything, I wasn't functioning well last year, and we spent a lot of money on therapy and counselling and meds. He's had to spend so much for his business. We still haven't finished the house reconstruction, and haven't recovered financially from it. Our daughter has beautiful straight expensive teeth. A horse trailer falls to the bottom of the priority list. He felt like it meant putting me at the bottom of the list.

I have to say, the fact that he was considering this has to be good enough.

Speaking of love, I dug up a photo of me and my pony. She was my ninth birthday present. I think I was eighteen here, and she was about ten. The next winter after this, she died, and my heart was broken. I still think of her. Our mare looks nothing like and isn't related to her at all, but their horsonalities are so alike, and that does help heal me. I feel like I still have a little tiny piece of her left.


And you know the other love of my life? I'll be seeing a lot of him next week.
















And the other other love of my life?








We're down to a week, folks. I'm not sure how I'm getting to the movie theatre, but I will be there. Oh yes.









I can hardly wait.









10 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Kari, I think we have similar brain function!

...there are a lot more stories where those came from...

Heidi the Hick said...

yeah that's an impersonator but I betcha don't know who it iiii-iiis!!!!!

Heidi the Hick said...

I gotta say, the dude on the right is better looking but the dude on the left ain't half bad.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

That's a wicked impersonator. come to think of it...I might know that impersonator.

Heidi the Hick said...

Jewel, the squeak outta the door! Who else could say that and make me feel all silly! YOU may come back and visit anytime!

Random- dang right that's a wicked impersonator!

The Humanity Critic said...

Great post..

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Cranky and I went up to the mountains for a couple of days so I'm a little late on the comments. That's my excuse, now I can continue.

What a sweetheart Jethro is! (the horse trailer idea) I agree, it's the thought that counts. Going off to a lake together -- have fun! (that's also sweet of him.)

Nice horse pictures as always! I also like how you get Johnny in on Fridays. Nice impersonator! *wink*wink*

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Pluvialis said...

Ah haaa! I know who that impersonator is!!!

Heidi the Hick said...

Yeah, not all impersonators are very good, but that one is particularly good looking, eh?

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I love that pic of you at the top, Heidi. That was really well done!