I have reasons! Some of them are even good reasons!
- I've been legit busy. And that's not something I want to complain about! I'm doing up to seven lessons in a five-day week, which is right about where I'd like to be. I could handle more, (especially if all three of my horses are sound and happy at the same time) but this is just enough to keep me busy and not burn any of us out. Eventually I'd like to do more group lessons but we'll get there.
- It's summer. For all of July, it was ride, teach, get in the pool. This is how I've been dealing with an extremely hot summer. Now that things have cooled in the last week or so, I've got to catch up on stuff I didn't feel like doing when I was boiling internally.
- I've got this teenager who's going to college in two weeks and besides freaking the heck out about it, I'm helping her get her stuff together. By "stuff" I mean, actual things for her dorm room, sorting out paperwork, telling her that even though I really don't feel ready to let her go that I am so super proud of her and I know she's going to rock this thing, and it's exciting and I'm happy for her and... you get the idea. It's a really big deal.
- Mac White, at the ripe old age of five, seems to be having some problems. I have no idea what those problems might be, and in fact, even Bucky The Nerd is a little puzzled as to why it can't decide how much blank space it has in its... um, hard drive? is that where it keeps all its stuff? I'm a horse person, not a computer tech...! It tells me I can't load pictures from my iGadget and it seems to regularly stop to have a little think before getting on with what it's supposed to be doing, so I dunno what.
- Can't load pictures. I want to show you pictures. And I can't.
- I have way too much to write about. I can't sort it out and decide what to focus on.
- I really should reply to email first, before I blog.
- The dishes have still not learned how to wash themselves.
- If I ever get time with my husband and kids in the same building, I am NOT going to blog.
Aaaaaaand one more reason for the extreme lack of blogging....
I'm writing, but not here.
So that's all I've got to say about that.