My blog buddy, Heidi Willis, asked me to do this, and I'll do it for her because she is one of my favourite people I've never met. We're part of an online writing group, in which we plan lovely getaways to Heidi's Maine beach house, where we'll read in our jammies all weekend (in pretend world). I didn't think I had anything interesting left of me -- I spill a lot on this blog. I might repeat myself, so consider pretending you don't know anything about me first.
1) I have a crooked spine. I've come to terms with it. Symmetry is over-rated. Imperfection is interesting.
2) I was at a bush party in 1987 with my boyfriend. I watched him take a drunken beating from a particularly tough dude, while standing beside my ex-boyfriend. Also in attendance that night, although I didn't know it yet? My next boyfriend. I ended marrying him and we don't do bush parties anymore. Good times.
3) I have written 5 novels. One of them is pretty good. One of them is really good and getting better, but I'm aiming for excellent. None of them are actual real books. However, I can call myself A Writer because I have been rejected by some of the best literary agents in North America, darn it!
4) I got a pony for my 7th birthday. I named her Chocolate. Because she was dark brown. I was seven; clever literary reference names weren't in my repertoire yet. Besides, "Hemingway" is a ridiculous name for a small filly.
5) I don't care or mind if you resent me for #4. Hey man, I didn't have much of anything else, but I had ponies and that was more important than anything else. Even Barbies.
6) I am a bit of a tomboy but I loved my Barbies. (Both of them.)
7) I had a huge crush on Shaun Cassidy when I was eight. I had the T shirt. I had the pin-ups on the wall. Until John Stamos came along a few years later, Shaun was the sun in my sky. What can I say, I fall hard and I fall easily.
8) I had a Donny Osmond doll too. He had purple socks!!!!!
9) Sometimes I really lay it on thick with the red carpet stuff. Like, "Well when I was on the red carpet the first time..." and "We walked right past (insert Famous and /or Well Known Canadian Artist) and he/she is actually very short..." and also "....about four feet away from Shania Twain..." and I am just a tiny bit ashamed that I throw it around like that.
But come on! I grew up on a pig farm! My husband grew up behind the feed mill! RED FRIGGEN CARPET? You are damn right I'm gonna brag that up.
10) If I had money to burn I'd start up a Useless Critter Farm. I'd have a llama and a few miniature horses, heck, I'd have the three horses I have now. A large collection of donkeys. A sheep. About 50 goats, because they rock! Numerous cats. Peacocks. Heck if I could I'd have an elephant.
hahaha, I just changed four of those because I thought of something more interesting than what I first wrote.