www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hand me a friggen paint brush and STAND THE HECK BACK.

It's like this:  things to pay for.

I'm starting my second painting job of the last two weeks.  This one is cool because I'm being given a lot more control of the project.  I get to have canvas drop sheets instead of plastic!  Plastic is slippery and therefore not good.  Unfortunately I also have to do all the prep work.  I hate prep.  Gahhhhh.  I hate sanding.  It's messy and bad for my wrists.  But it's so worth it.  Putting a paint job on a crappy wall sucks.

Also I have to scrape a layer of filth off the whole place.  Did the guy clean at all, even once, in the four years he lived in that apartment????  (shudder)  I can hardly even talk about it.

I fork up about a hundred pounds of horse manure every day and I'm cool with it but I'm horrified by the bathroom in the apartment I'm painting.  Makes sense.



OH AND ALSO I've got this new writing project, which I am totally AMPED about!  I have to squeeze in time to write!  Looks like somebody else is going to be sweeping the floors and vacuuming around here too.  Of course, this fantastic writing project is not paying very well.  At this time.

I can hardly talk about it.

In other news:  all three of my horses have physical issues of some kind, but it's all being taken care of.  Copper is putting weight on That Leg, and although she's really short-strided on that side, she doesn't appear to be bothered by it.  Oakie needs some exercise.  And Phoenix is too fat.  Ha!

Alright.  That was your news report.  I'm not really sure why I felt compelled to share all that.  Oh - I know- because when I blog again and can't put a sentence together and read much write spell tired good babble droop, then you'll know why.

4 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

Ha ha! You crack me up, even in your updates!

You should be thrilled to death with your writing, and if I were you it would leave me a bit breathless too. I miss that feeling, when you have an idea and begin to write and your heart almost stops and you think, "This is it. This might be 'the one.'" Because it feels like you are teetering on the edge of all your dreams becoming reality, and that is both amazingly cool and a bit frightening.

Sigh. Yeah. I miss that. Let yourself feel it every time you think about this book, even if it's when you are encountering yucky bathrooms. Ugh!

jules said...

I'd probably have to clean the bathroom first thing.

Heidi the Hick said...

OH YES I SCRUBBED THE BATHROOM.

And I'm gonna clean it again tomorrow and probably the day after that too. Just to be sure.

The whole apartment needs a good wipe before I put the primer on. yeesh.

And about the book...Heidi Willis, I must quote you on this:

"amazingly cool and a bit frightening."

THAT is how I want my book described!!!! Thanks!

Paul Tee said...

I didn't even get a chance to answer your previous blog (I owe Cooper a bag of rolled oats the next time I see you). I have a brand new book driving me (with spurs on), and have no time to breathe. Good you are busy, with pen and bush...