www.flickr.com

Monday, July 05, 2010

Heat + Humidity + No Breeze + Old House + Laptop =

ME WITH A MELTED BRAIN!

I'm in my room with a fan pointed at me.  The Mac White is on a pillow because I can't have it actually touching me.  I don't want anything touching me.

It's so hot I felt slightly ill this afternoon.  I felt like I could barely move.  Everything's slowed down to a crawl. Everything.

My horses spent the day grazing and sweating.

I took the Pug out for a walk at 7:30 and it was already hot.  I kept him in the house the rest of the day so the poor little monster could breathe.

Lucy the Feral Housecat has been.... mellow.

And I've accepted that until this heatwave is over my hair is going to be wet.  Could be from washing the sweat out of my hair or full of sweat, or maybe both... it's either deal with it or hack it all off.  (I don't want to hack it all off!)

You know what?  I'm out of ideas.  Can't even remember what I thought of writing about today.  I think my melted brain leaked out of my ears.

You know the air is like, THICK, right?  It's like breathing yogurt.

Only not cold out of the fridge, but warm.


Ewww.

Yep, that's all for me tonight.  I'll be here in front of the fan if you need me.  Not moving.

2 comments:

RuckusButt said...

It's awful, I know. I'm in Ottawa. I waited until 7:30pm tonight to walk the dog and I think we were both somewhat delirious by the end. Breathing warm yogurt is a perfect description, unfortunately. Praying it'll break by Friday - my mom is scheduled to come watch my lesson!

Heidi Willis said...

It's hot here in VA too!! It's a mild 101 degrees right now, but the humidity isn't nearly as bad as it could be, so I'm forced to say, "At least it's a dry heat..." (Yeah... so is an oven!!)

We have air conditioning, though, so I can't complain. I took the puppy out yesterday and he didn't even want to walk. Today, we just hung out around the yard until he was a little black puddle.

Here's hoping you get a break soon! Otherwise, I'll make up our guest bed for you. It's in the basement. It's like a refrigerator down there. :)