www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PUPPIES! (forget your gloom and doom) PUPPIES!

We had to make a short and sweet stop at my bestest friend's house, because we hadn't been in that neck of the woods for about six weeks and HAD TO SEE THE PUPPIES! They're about a month old, and had just started out on their first steps two days before.  Oh my gosh.  I do not need another dog I do not need another dog Idonotneedanotherdog. (If you want to see a video of squeaking wobbling puppies go back to Biddie's blog.  Go on, you know you wanna.)

They are five soft wiggling bundles of cute overload.  They could halt wars and cure diseases, I'm sure.
Did I say soft?  Soooo so so soft!

They are the babies of a gorgeous tiny Yorkie- Shi-Tzu or if you want to get fancy about it, a SHORKIE, hahaha, and a large boisterous Bichon Frise.  Although I could be wrong about that; I'd just call them Pretty and Silly.  The puppies would be...BiShork?  Borkie?  Shork-frise?  Let's just call them Adorable.  (And if you wish to call them Mutts, be assured that Mutts are awesome!)

They totally put on a show for us.  They were making little growling noises as they pretended to fight, and they tried out a few little barks.  Oh man it was soooocute!


Look at the little white tuft on the end of that tail!





This is Ruby, the mama.  It's her first litter.  And her last.  She darn near died for these little guys.  They're not allowed to suckle her anymore (good thing there are lots of humans in the house willing to bottle feed puppies) but she is still a protective and loving mama.  

All ferocious 7 lbs of her.


Of course, I'm like Snow White with the critters.  I simply hold out my hands and the woodland creatures and house pets flock to me.  I'm a critter magnet.  

Handfuls of puppies!!! I'm in HEAVEN!

They were suckling my sweater.  And my knuckles.  And Bucky's ankle.  He's pretty sure they almost gummed off his Achilles tendon.  

Are you seeing those white eyelashes?  Like, just knock me over right now.  

Any idea how hard it was to NOT slip one into a coat pocket?
Or make a rash impulsive promise to fork over the cash and take one home in a few more weeks?

I do not need another dog.  My mom does not want another dog to visit her on weekends.  No more dogs.  NO, no!  But I looked over at Jethro and he's there on the couch with this dreamy eyed look of puppy love and I had to look away, quick!


Doesn't this one look a little like a Pug?   Brown and black?

Things got kind of Billie Jean for a minute. 

The kid is... not my son!



sigh.

All I get to keep is the lingering lovey feeling of tiny puppy paws and puppy tongues, and the softness of their brand new fur.  

And gums.

Awwwww.......



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww ... I don't know HOW you got out of that house without one. Your Won'tpower amazes me. They're adorable.

Rhonda
http://www.thehorseyset.net

Heidi Willis said...

Soooo cute!! I would so be walking out with stuffed pockets!!

It reminds me of Nathan's blog about how bad everything is in the publishing world, which ended with the word: puppies! Cause who could be depressed when there are puppies around?

Seriously, I may have to come back to this when I feel down just to have a look. they are so small and adorable!

Trailboss said...

Precious puppies! I just adore them. I think you need 2 of them.

Patry Francis said...

This week I'm talking about gloom and doom, and you're talking puppies. The puppies are much more fun. Thanks for this; I leave smiling.

Heidi the Hick said...

My mission here is complete!

I actually am feeling quite gloomy: I'm feeling icky, I'm wishing I could magically get my book published and all the world's economic troubles will evaporate, and I wish my horses lived in my backyard. And there's more. But I don't wanna get gloomier!

So, PUPPIES!

Sometimes you just have to have a puppy break!

Biddie said...

I would never, could never SELL you a puppy! Not you and Jethro!
I could, however, GIVE you one!
My cousin Todd came over tonight with his two kids and they all had the dame drreamy looks in their eyes.
I know that we will find god homes for these guys, but my gosh, I am going to miss the fuzzy little heads!

Heidi the Hick said...

But it's got to be worth the joy of having them, even if they all have to go to new homes.

Dogs are just so wonderful.

Honestly if I did need another dog I'd have to take one off your hands... and okay fine I wouldn't pay you but maybe I'd make a "donation" to Ruby's vet bill!

Love them for me okay?

Biddie said...

I love them all to bits! I am going to miss them, but I am ok with them going to great new homes.
It's all good.
It's just such a warm fuzzy feeling to hold one close, isn't it???
BTW, Ruby is almost EIGHT pounds. That is MUCH more imposing than seven :)

Marni said...

OMG... love those babies.

I asked Carl if we could have one. I said, we could take a quick drive to pick one out. He said "Where does Biddie live?"

Me: "Canada"

Carl: "Ummmm. NO"

LOL!!!

Heidi the Hick said...

A quick drive! Heck, it's only a day and a half to Ontario from Georgia! Gas isn't as expensive as it was a few months back...

Might be less expensive to just look at pictures of cute puppies though, eh?

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the "this is not my son" shot. hee hee.

Coffeypot said...

You may be a critter magnet, but you are definitely a man magnet.

The trouble with puppies is - they grow up.