www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dear Johnny, Sorry I missed your birthday...

...and I know this is no good excuse, but honestly, I'm really bad with birthdays.  If mine wasn't on a major holiday celebrated by most of the secular and Christian world, I'd forget my own.  I got married on Canada day so I wouldn't forget my anniversary.  I have a hard time remembering my own children's birthdays, for crying out loud.  I guess I didn't plan that out as well as my own mother... not that she got out the calendar when... oh never mind... Hey, I think one of my kids and one of yours share a birthday.  Not that it really matters, or that I can even remember, but really, this whole birthday thing is not something I'm good at.  

But enough of my disjointed rambling.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY



Do people ever tell you that you don't look your age?  I get that regularly.  In fact just the other night Jethro and I went out to dinner with a bunch of jazz musicians - and yes, I often marvel at the weirdness and wonderfulness of my life - and it was remarked at the table that I appeared to be fifteen.  FIFTEEN!  I think it was the ponytail.  It was really hot that night and I had to get my hair off my neck.  Instantly takes ten years off me.  Or I guess, twenty-two years off me.  Not that I'm good with numbers either.  

(I like your new tattoo.  Now I must go read a classic novel that I missed out on.)

Anyways, Happy 45th.  You look great no matter what age, and you're just awesome.  Keep on doing what you do.  And most of all, thank you.  

Love, 

Heidi the Hick

14 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Johnny who???

Heidi the Hick said...

You know, my imaginary half brother twin separated at birth 7 1/2 years apart!

That Johnny!

Olly said...

Very studly at 45...

Anita said...

If they would just make his birthday an international holiday, it would be so much easier to remember!

People often mistake my 22 year old daughter and I for sisters... she likes to tell them yes, that's my sister... lol

Michael Colvin said...

He's a year OLDER than ME!?!?! Now I'm depressed.

Please tell me he's all airbrushed or I will have to track him down and kill him.

Heidi the Hick said...

Hahaha!

(please don't hurt him.)

Jethro and I were wondering if his hair's really that dark. At 39 Jethro's got nice silver streaks at his temples, and his beard's not black anymore, but at 37 I haven't got any grey at all.

One day I pointed out that Brad Pitt's got grey in his beard too. But his hair was kinda reddish. These guys probably get told by their managers to colour their hair. Except Clooney. He gets away with it.

I think Johnny's just freakishly young looking. It runs in the family, hahahaha! He does have some laugh lines around his eyes. Age looks good on him.

And yes, I say we make it a holiday so I don't forget it.

JKB said...

I'll second the holiday idea. The man is a dreamboat.

Mrwowr. I can't believe he's 45.

Heidi the Hick said...

maybe he has a totally gnarly portrait of himself in the attic...

Biddie said...

I was gonna ask if you remembered. Kayla did, of course, but she did forget to call him :)

Biddie said...

If he is your half brother then it really is a bit off putting that you lust after him so.
Just sayin'.

Trailboss said...

You are silly girl.

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie, it's a weird thing. what can I say. Wrong on so many levels, and yet so very right. hee hee hee

So did he call Kayla to ask for his Happy Birthday song?

Trailboss... Yeah.

Real Live Lesbian said...

He's 45???? Wowza. He's amazing.

(swoons)

Heidi the Hick said...

Ah yes... his appeal is far reaching!!