I am. Really.
My blog buddy, the gorgeous, talented and funny Adrienne Kress, who is the author of one of our favourite books this past year, has tagged me twice! I'm going to hold my nose and jump in.
Random things about me!!!! Like, I mean, stuff that just has nothing to do with anything.
- I have a lot of moles and freckles and so-called beauty marks. I used to connect the dots with a pen when I was bored and I'd end up in math class covered in triangles.
- I like sushi and I'm ashamed of it because it's raw fish, and the entire concept is disgusting, but it's just so tasty tasty good, and so pretty to look at before you pluck it up and pop it in your mouth, plus! you get to dip it in soysauce and then chew with your mouth too full. It's tasty AND fun! But it's too weird. I can't believe I like it so much. It's all wrong... but it's so right...
- I don't remember my hair being this curly when I was a kid and I'm not sure when it changed.
-I can drive standard shift and have long had fantasies of driving a tractor-trailer. A semi truck. An 18 wheeler. A road train.
-I'm still not sure what my surname should be.
-Hangnails make me obsessively irritated. My whole day can get derailed by a hangnail.
Oh but wait, there's more!
Here are the instructions Adrienne posted on her blog:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment back to Sue's blog (she's the one who tagged me - you will in turn nominate the person who tagged you - ie me) once you've posted your three sentences.
I'm awful at following directions but I'll take a poke at it.
If things had fallen out different, Lyra,you might have been brought up a gyptian, because the nurse begged the court to let her have you; but we gyptians got little standing in the law. The court decided you was to be placed in a priory, and so you were, with the Sisters of Obedience at Watlington. You won't remember.
Anybody want to guess what that book is?