www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bloody 'ell, it's Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Welchhome te the carrrriben, lllove.

Ahoy me crew of miscreants! Me scurvy dogs!

Aye, all me pirate pictures are stuck in a dark cold place matey. Barnacles! Never fear, me pretty wenches, Booty Landlubber's got a spot of treasure for ye.



Arrrrr, I had to go huntin fer this booty. I'll be keelhauled if I'll not have me favourite scallywag today! Why is the rum always gone???




Not all treasure's silver and gold, me hearties! To me mates! To me other favourite Pirate!




Savvy?



Now back to work with ye! Heave like you're being paid fer it!




Now go read down yonder blogpost about Booty Landlubber's secret. Scroll down there, love. A little lower. No, not that one. Lower. Aye see there, that's the spot. She's a liar and a thief, but honest, don't you know, and you can always count on an honest woman to do something....incredibly...stupid...

18 comments:

dilling said...

it's that day again? Where did that year go?
ooooh...not very piratey, am I? Ar, ar, ar.

Heidi the Hick said...

hee hee hee!

Bunny said...

AHHRR MATEY!!!

Biddie said...

Ahoy, matey! i'm not feelin' very pirtey, but for you, I'll do me best.
Arrr.

FOUR DINNERS said...

The yo-ho-ho 'n a bottle of rum's me favourite bit o pirate stuff...

wonder why?

terry said...

ahoy, johnny!

yum.

millhousethecat said...

Today one of our (incredibly fun) reading support teachers dressed up like a pirate and spoke like a pirate all day long.

He was the bright spot in an otherwise cloudy day.

A Paperback Writer said...

SCUM!
I totally forgot it was talk like a pirate day! Augh! I was going to dress up and everything!!!!
I always do something for Sept. 22 (Frodo and Bilbo's b-day) and various other important holidays, but I can't believe I got so stressed out I forgot today!
grrrr
oh well, I loved the pics anyway.

raine said...

Does this require a poopdeck or a deckswab or midgoenpole? aarrrdy ar ar.

Heidi the Hick said...

ha ha ha!

POOPDECK!

Somebody had to say it...

katy said...

think me going to have to walk the plank, what is the 'bloody 'ell it's talk like a pirate day!'?

Heidi the Hick said...

From what I hear, two guys were playing tennis or sotmething, when one made a noise of frustration and the other guy said he sounded like a pirate. So they made pirate noises for the rest of the game. Then decided to keep it up all day. And make it a THING.

But I could be wrong, so if you want the real story on TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY, go visit my friend Balloon Pirate and follow the link to the official website!

Balloon Pirate said...

Awww. Thanks fer the love, me sweetie. Ye'll always have permission to come aboard me ship.

yeharr

Heidi the Hick said...

Ok but only if you first

SWAB THE DECK!!!!!


arrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ok I know it's not really Talk Like A Pirate Day anymore. And if you don't swab the deck it's cool, I'll just leave my shoes on.

Now up the crow's nest with ye and find me a seagull for dinnaaarrrrrr!!!!!

Doughnut said...

You would have made a a great pirate or is that piratess? Have you ever been on a ship underway? It is an experience!

katy said...

thanks for he explaination Heidi

Lynn Sinclair said...

Keep those Johnny Depp pictures coming, me bucko!

Heidi the Hick said...

You know what?

I am such a landlubber it's not even funny.

Closest I got to water growing up was my pony's water trough...