www.flickr.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day- point form- pictures

what I asked for from my kids- home made cards

what my kids gave me- home made mother's day cards!

# of hours it takes to drive to where my mother and mother in lawr live- just under 2

# of hours it takes if we drive on the backroads instead of the 401- 3 hours

#of lanes on the 401- four- two in each direction

# of lanes closed on Sunday because of bad tractor trailer accident- 3

what the burning truck had been hauling- school supplies.

I thought my son was joking - kid you not the truck was carrying school supplies

what we had tell our moms as to why we couldn't drive out to visit for the afternoon- burning school supplies have come between us

ache and pain of the day- right knee and ankle, right wrist

didn't have to cook- Jethro took us to a restaurant with cloth napkins!

My new plan for the future- move outta town to little place in the country about a 15 minute drive away from a town which features a restaurant with cloth napkins which we will go to about twice a year.

bonus gifties- a single red rose and a Happy Mother's Day mug full of chocolate kisses.





extra special bonus gift- a mutant double dandelion




education for the day- how to put the camera on Macro





and to make me really happy- kids and husband cleaned up backyard and mowed lawn

really extra super happy- dog did not anger me once all day




# of times my children fought with each other- ONCE.

#of dandelions stuffed into the Girl's sweatshirt- two

# of kicks administered to the Boy's leg by the Girl- one

# of times I yelled- none.

# of times I told my kids that I don't care what the fight was about just stop for cryin out loud- once

# of "I love you" spoken- lost count

when we'll be doing mother's day with Granny and Grama- next weekend.

apparently I'm the best mother ever- hope they still think so next time I say NO

will my heart burst?

I love them so much I can hardly speak

19 comments:

Biddie said...

I love it! Love, love, love, the Puggy goodness in that photo. Wait until KC sees it!
It sounds like you had a great day. A restaurant with CLOTH napkins? Very posh indded.
I'm sure that your mom(s) won't mind waiting a week. It'll give you something extra special to look forward to.
I was going to get an ipod shuffle, but after our little dance with the gas company, we decided that hot water would be lovely gift, too. KC took me to the movies, and there was quiche - made by Shawn - and pie - also made by Shawn - and pie, made by Kayla, and flowers.....I only had to settle the kids down ONCE. It was lovely.

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! Love your pictures...

I spent yesterday being excessively delayed in Brussels. Shoulda been home by dinnertime -- got home close to midnight. Argghh! The mother's day presents were on the table - running shorts, shirt & socks, homemade brownies (the girl's specialty) and of course the homemade cards, which are the best!

Happy Mother's Day Heidi!

(I've been too busy to blog, but hope to put something up soon. Your horse is gorgeous!)

Heidi the Hick said...

Biddie, hot water is a lovely gift- it's how you get your much deserved bath! Sounds like you had a great day too!!

the pug pic is a repeat of one I took last year when he was only about 7 m old. I think he looks so good against the green and the flowers!

Yankee! good to hear from you! I had to leave a mother's day comment twice because blogger ate the one I tried to leave earlier! (Those brownies at midnight must have tasted perfectly perfect!)

dilling said...

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh....
good one, heidi...good one.

Nicole said...

Eyes. Hurt. Too much greenery.

Glad your Mom's Day was extra special! :-)

Heidi the Hick said...

It's ok Nicole, by August it'll all be brown and you'll feel right at home!

Heidi the Hick said...

Dilling- it was the Pug picture, wasn't it? He has that effect on people.

LadyBronco said...

I'm glad you had a fabulous Mother's Day!

(and I hope you're feeling a bit better?)

terry said...

awww.... sounds like you had a wonderful day!

you deserve it.

(what a gorgeous rose. and what a cute pug!)

Green Wellies said...

What's a Mother's Day without the token dandelion? Don't you love that kids (even toddler age) are fascinated with dandelions and behave as though they're the best flower going.
I hear about you all the time from Em and Leslie and kept meaning to check out your blog again (apparently, I'm the one who told you about the petroglyphs...or maybe that's someone else entirely!). I'm thrilled you commented on my blog...it put the bee in my bonnet that I needed.

Doughnut said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mom's Day Heidi! Your family is fortunate to have you. I have always believed you can tell how healthy a family is by just looking at how healthy "mom" is...and I can tell there is a lot of love in your family because there is a lot of love in you!

Adrienne said...

Aw so sweet! And what a beautiful rose (love a mutant dandilion too, but the rose is gorgeous)!

Happy belated mother's day!

captain corky said...

Very nice Heidi. Glad you had a great day!

katy said...

AH A GREAT DAY YOU HAD AND ONE YOU DESERVED, HOPE THE ACHES AND PAINS SETTLE DOWN SOON sorry it is in caps didnt notice till had finished typing!

Therese Fowler said...

A lovely day for you, and lovely pics for us, thanks.

That dandelion is rad!

My oldest son drew me a mother's day picture--a tree, a butterfly, and a field of dandelions (only I thought they were fireflies at first). He drew it at work; he's an after-school-care counselor who corrals the first-graders. Sweet, eh?

CindyDianne said...

# of times our kids acted like brats? 2

# of times KB and I had a discussion about the bratty children? 1

# of times said discussion almost became an argument? 1

# of times we realized that blended families really do pose obstacles? 1

Realizing that it is worth the trouble... priceless.

Holly Kennedy said...

Adorable post, Heidi :)
Love the pug... Great flowers ... Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day!

emily said...

is it weird that i'm totally fascinated by that double headed dandelion???

Heidi the Hick said...

That double headed dandelion ROCKS!!