www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 26, 2007

thinky think think

There's something going around. And I'm a part of it. Have you heard of the Thinking Blogger Award? Apparently I'm up for it and wow, do I ever want that. But I'm also wriggling in big vat of humility because it didn't really occur to me that I could actually make people think.



I want to, sure. I have a brain full of complex silliness and I love the idea that my crazy ideas might spark something in you. But mostly when I started this little blog project I wanted to get stuff out of my head so that the voices would stop all going at once. Also, I really really hoped that somebody would read what I write and like it. I don't think there's any shame in that. I collect rejection letters. It feels so good to have readers! Who comment! And seem to enjoy my corner of the world!

But here's the problem: I'm supposed to nominate and tag five more bloggers and I can't do it. I can't. Blogs who make me think? Look to your right. Look at 'em all. So different from each other and I get something from each one. Even if I were to pick the standouts I don't think I could narrow it down to five.

I didn't expect to be inspired when I entered Blogworld! It's been a big surprize. I have learned soooo much.

If I have made you think...I am honoured and also humbled. And you know what? Thrilled. Very happy. This is good! Now that I've made you think I'll have to work harder on making you laugh and making you cry. I wish I had Smell-o-vision here.

THANK YOU. For reading, for commenting, and for coming back!

13 comments:

Anissa said...

Beautifully said, Heidi. You do so much more than you know. Bravo!

Heidi the Hick said...

Thank you Anissa. (blush.)

Nölff said...

Way to go.

Please nominate me for being a retarded blogger. That would be splendid.

Therese said...

All that thinking you do just rubs off on us, you can't help it. :)

BTW, the nomination and the award are like one and the same. As far as I can tell, anyway. It's a meme meant to encourage people to read the good stuff out there.

I know what you mean about having trouble choosing, but try just picking five you think lots of other people would find thoughtful.

Or, don't sweat it--it's not a chain letter. No bad luck if you opt out!

katy said...

got to ask why do you wish you had smell a vision or what ever it is called?!!!
yeah you do make us think, and laugh and we cry cause we want you to stop getting letters of rejection

Heidi the Hick said...

Smell-o-vision- so you could experience all that wonderful country air that I crave!!! haha!

Indoors thank you for wishing for the end of my rejection letters.

Therese, for once, getting nominated really is as good as winning eh? I think next week I'll do a post on Who Everybody Should Be Reading and Why. (Just to share the THINKING not to avoid bad luck!)

NOlff, baby, you definitely should get an award for Unique and Very Special. You fall under the Friggin Scare Me category. Keep up the good work.

terry said...

thank YOU for sharing your life and thoughts with us!

Biddie said...

You deserve it. Truly. You have to nominate 5 more? Dilling is always making me think. More people need to check her out.

CindyDianne said...

Congratulations. This must be the year of award for you and Jethro!

Bravo!

Doughnut said...

Heidi...there is a reason I keep coming back to your blog and it is: I never know just what to expect! You are so witty and spontaneous. I don't sense any screens with you. What you see (and say) is who you are, what you think and believe....no head games! And I like that about you.

captain corky said...

Congrats Heidi. I got one too, and I encountered the same problem as you. I couldn't narrow it down to just 5 people.

Heidi the Hick said...

Why LeRoy, what a compliment! I think it's funny that I didn't show my face for over a year and a half and yet people still think I'm honest and real!! I''m glad you keep coming back!

Corky...yep. (You're on the list too y'know!)

D.R. Cootey said...

Congratulations! It's a nice meme to be a part of. Who did you end up nominating? I couldn't find a link. Must be as blind as I am absentminded. :)

~Douglas
The Splintered Mind