www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

think warm thoughts...think HOT

It's cold and I've had enough. I'm always cold. I have to think warm thoughts. Remember what it feels like to run on the beach. Remember the way sun feels on skin. The smell of a first cutting hay field. The shock of the first heat wave. Riding down the gravel road, tasting dust and waving flies away. Horse sweat. Ripples of heat rising from the hood of the truck.

Winter can't last forever. It's March now, and I have to be patient. This afternoon when I drove the Girl to her dance lesson, it was still sunny, with a brilliant blue sky and wispy clouds, at 5pm. When I wake up now, there is cautious daylight instead of black sky. It's happening. Spring is inevitable even if it seems to be lost forever in the freezing cold. In a few more months it will be beautiful and hot.Beautiful and hot. Beautiful and hot.

2 comments:

Smartypants said...

Oh Lord. He looks so great in that photo.

What is it about that man?

::shaking head::

Heidi the Hick said...

I could go on and on about What It Is About That Man but that is a whole other blog post. Stick around.

Y'know, he probably smells like an ashtray in real life. But what the hell do I care!

I hope Jethro ages that nicely....!